Make a donation

Author Topic: Detail My Ride - Ft Squeeguk's DBP Jetta GLI  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Detail My Ride - Ft Squeeguk's DBP Jetta GLI
« on: August 25, 2012, 10:21:42 am »
Hi Guys!

This is Luis's stunning and well specced 2008 2.0 TFSI VW Jetta, finished in Diamond Black Pearl which we had in a week or two back for a light correction detail. Luis was keen to have the paintwork machine polished to remove some nasty hazing and swirls that he'd inherited from the first owner, as well as a few deeper marks including a recently induced scratch the length of the passenger side of the car.

It was agreed that we would carry out a light correction detail, including a 2 stage machine polish to try and get the best results in the time given, which was the only catch! We had 24 hours to turn this one around, so it was tough, and we eventually finished up at around 2.30am! A few hours to spare before Luis picked up the car around 9am.

On with the detail!

How the car looked on arrival, was clear to see the problems!

No real gloss or reflection!

On with the Wash/Decontamination. Limited photos due to time, however the car was treated to a full 2BM wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo, and lambswool mitts, followed by decontamination with Iron X/Tardis. Wheels were cleaned with Smart Wheels 10:1, and various brushes including wheel woolies, vikan and valet pro. Arches/badges/gaps etc cleaned with G101 10:1 and Swissvax/Valet Pro brushes.

Iron X revealed a fair amount of contamination, on both the wheels and paintwork.

Once washed/decontaminated, the car was pulled inside and dried off with soft microfibre towels.

It was then very clear to see why the paintwork wasn't looking to great!

The scratch, which ran the length of the passenger side of the car:

Some etching from watermarks in the bonnet:

After a few test passes, I settled with a combo of Scholl S17+ on a 3M Yellow via Rotary, this was worked at around 1500-1800rpm to achieve the desired results, the finish was later refined with 3M Blue Pad with Dodo Juice Lime Prime which cleared up any light marring left behind by S17+.

This gave an impressive level of correction, a few 50/50 shots:

Before:

After:

Again, we weren't looking for full correction, just an enhancement of the finish.

Working our way around the car:

Before:

After:

Exhaust tips were cleaned up using the Britemax twins:

Continuing on, it began to fall dark but the correction continued! Diamond Black Pearl really coming into its own under the halides in our Studio.

Not the most impressive 50/50 in the world, but I think it gives a great representation of how much the colour is improved by machine polishing, and why swirl marks etc rob the finish of its true glory.

Post refining, the finish was given 2 thin layers of Dodo Juice Purple Haze, which is one of my favourite waxes to use on this colour.

Finally, after! Some of the pics are a little out of focus, but it was nearly 3am so forgive me!

And later that morning prior to the owner collecting:

Thanks for looking guys! More soon.

Nath & Gaz

Offline maxload

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 29
  • Edition30 - No.1819
    • Email
Re: Detail My Ride - Ft Squeeguk's DBP Jetta GLI
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 03:52:56 pm »
Considering the time aloud , that's a mighty fine finish  :congrats:

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »
 :congrats:  saw that go past me in the flesh, and made me look twice.  :happy2:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »
I still look twice now Steve when the sun is out. The transformation was totally incredible. I can actually enjoy the full benefit of the black pearl colour. I had no idea how bad the paintwork was until I saw the finished product. I cannot thank Nath and Gaz enough. They turned this around in an amazing period of time and to an incredible standard.

Anybody sitting on the fence to have your car detailed, get it over to Detail My Ride now. You will not regret it one bit.

Again, thanks Nath and Gaz and thanks for the kind comments.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 10:00:33 pm »
wow what a difference,looks amazing :notworthy: :notworthy:,wonder if i waited they could do mine :signLOL: