Make a donation

Author Topic: One thread per member in a given period of time in the for sale section...  (Read 1968 times)

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
Hi all...

Would it be possible to enforce or put in place a rule for members to only be able to start number of threads in the for sale section?.... Would prevent members from blitzing the board and filling it with single threads for single items and pushing everyone else's threads onto the next page!

I know avforums and a few other forums implement something whereby you can't start a new thread until the old one has been locked, perhaps something similar?

:happy2:
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
^^^^
I don't agree.

At the moment there's a white Rocco R for sale and its removed Recaro's are offered for sale in a separate thread. That makes it straightforward for folks to see and also for the seller to manage.

4 threads per week per member perhaps?

But can't you be arsed to turn a page over!?  :rolleye:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
I think he was miffed at illyun's multiple FS postings in the car parts section.

I think where items can be lumped together, then it's better to have one sale thread, but no qualms if you need two or three eg one for detailing stuff, one for car stuff and one for racing/track day stuff.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
^^^
Was thinking the same after seeing his 15 threads or somthing crazy like that.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
^^^^
Just bounce up some of your own For Sale threads or wait for others to post new For Sale threads - It'll soon balance out and find its own natural level. illyun has been absent overseas etc for a while and merely returned on a tidal wave - Good to see him back  :happy2:

A limit of only 1 thread is too draconian in my opinion. If it is decided to have a limit, then my vote is for 3 or 4 and make it a week, no longer.

Another option is to rule that a seller can only post 1 new thread per day. But then it would need to be written into the software if even possible, otherwise it's extra work for the Moderators.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
^^^
A limit of 3 sounds fair :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
I think he was miffed at illyun's multiple FS postings in the car parts section.

I think where items can be lumped together, then it's better to have one sale thread, but no qualms if you need two or three eg one for detailing stuff, one for car stuff and one for racing/track day stuff.

This...lol

MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
The primary function of this forum is not for advertising and as such the for sale section has rules in place that not only benefit the members but also do not take up the majority of time for the admin team.

I feel as though this request is a somewhat of a knee jerk reaction, and one that clearly has effected one or more of your own posts. Can't see that there is either a need or a benefit to introducing this sort of rule.

:happy2: