Make a donation

Author Topic: dealer fit rear parking sensors  (Read 501 times)

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
dealer fit rear parking sensors
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »
Just picked up my MK6 Gti this weekend.  It's got rear parking sensors that didn't come as standard but the dealer retro fitted.  Is there a way to turn the volume up on the 'alert' that you're getting close to something?  I've had a look in the manual that came with the car but there's nothing in there, probably because they were retro fitted.

Any help would be appreciated

Andy

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
Re: dealer fit rear parking sensors
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:49:10 pm »
I think they have a separate speaker positioned in the boot somewhere. it's all wired to work off the reversing light when engaged. maybe the speaker needs repositioning. I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm  :signLOL:
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline nads1_uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 09:01:02 pm »
Cheers for that mate.  They are a bit pointless if you cannot her the dam things going off!

Andy

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:19 am »
I think they have a separate speaker positioned in the boot somewhere. it's all wired to work off the reversing light when engaged. maybe the speaker needs repositioning. I'm sure someone will be along soon to confirm  :signLOL:

Yes it must be as mine gets louder with the rear seats down :happy2: Although I have no idea where its located.
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦