Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5 to Mk6 GTI  (Read 1892 times)

R32UK

Re: MK5 to Mk6 GTI
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 11:47:38 am »

We've got an Edition 30 and a Mk6 GTI

How do you find the performance difference between the two as this is the move I'm hoping to make, my ed30 is stage 1 mapped and the mk6 will also be mapped in time but just wondering how the 2 feel back to back as stock cars  :smiley:

When driving them back to back as stock cars, i always felt the MK6 was more responsive, especially from low down the revs, i guess this is down to the smaller turbo spooling up earlier.  However the Ed30 delivered a deeper mid range surge, as the revs approached 3k.  Then above this the Ed30 was stronger to the redline.

However the ED30 is stage 1 now and MK6 still stock, but MK6 still feels quick when i drive it.

This is exactly what i find! The mapped mk6 was so much more eager... but not as quick as the ed30 top end.

I once had a play with a ed30 which must have been mapped as it was pretty much neck and neck although his seemed to be dsg with bought a little gap. I would say with both having a map they are pretty much equal, with the mk6 being slightly better to live with on a daily basis.