All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Used Car Warranty - All Dealerships?
neg:
Depends how modded you are - in which case it might not be worth it.
rdfcpete:
--- Quote from: TomB on June 12, 2009, 12:14:07 am ---Wayside couldn't tell me what I'd get, so I'm expecting a 1.2 Fox. Anything better is a bonus! The excess on it is £2500 unless I pay them £12...ouch!
I've lost some power, so we think its got a boost leak or a knackered dump valve. Hopefully its a quick fix, I want the car back for the weekend!
Mine's a red 3 door, reg ends in TAB. If you spot me, give me a wave!
--- End quote ---
LOL @ a fox. :happy2:
I hope the power loss is sorted for minimal cost. What are you expecting to pay?
Cool! I'll PM you my plate in case you see my about. I shall do, vice versa :smiley:
I haven't checked the warranty documentation yet, although I must admit as you mentioned, I expect the minimum to be covered like most warranties for no cost/small cost.
celica:
having just purchased a private used, I was hoping there to be remaining balance of warranty left to transfer but it has non ;-(
car registered jan 06, previous owner brought from VW aug-08.
i thought to myself he would have got extended warranty i.e. 12 months from date of purchase, so upto aug-09.
oh well.
TomB:
I was told it was 12 months, you should have a book with a sheet you fill in to transfer the details over. It costs £17.50 I think.
I'm sure I replied in here earlier, the thread's disappeared!
I'm hoping to pay nothing, the lady at the dealer told me its still covered under the warranty and manufacturers don't ask for contribution unless its outside the warranty.
Here are the terms, it says only 60 days outside the UK: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/warranty/used-car/terms
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version