All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Used Car Warranty - All Dealerships?

(1/5) > >>

rdfcpete:
Guys,

I want to ensure I've understood the one years warranty I got with my 2006 Gti correctly;

Say for sake of argument I bought the car from Leeds VW and I live in London, presumably any problems I get means that I can take it to my local VW dealership for repairs within the Warranty period, that would obviously be covered as opposed to ONLY the one the car was bought from?

Couldn't see anything in the documentation that states this and although it may be obvious, I like to be safe in the knowledge as I guess this varies from a new car warranty? :)

TomB:
I'm wondering this too as I have issues.

I'm going to call my closest dealer and see if they'll work on it.  As far as I can see though, the warranty's with VW so it should work at any dealer.

Read the "whats covered" section as well and prepare to be disappointed, I've got 2 expensive broken components (A/C compressor and rear wiper motor) that aren't covered, and I bought my 05 from a main dealer in February.

neg:
If you purchased from a VW dealer then this should be an extension of the VW warranty - so any VW dealer will know its covered when then check it.

I know as I just bought a car from a dealer and they have given me 12months warranty and I checked it was full VW warranty which could be used at any dealer to which I was told yes.

TomB:
That sounds like the warranty both I and the original poster has, thanks for clearing that up neg :smiley:

neg:
no problemo!  did you give me thanks for that  :wink:

 :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version