All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Coilovers poll

(1/7) > >>

scarpicus:
I need help in deciding which coilovers i should get so any opinions and advice would be appreciated...... :happy2:

I would also like to ask does having adjustable dampers like the ones on the konis and fk konigsport really enable you to fine tune a comfortable ride while at the same time having car sit low, is it worth paying the extra for this feature.... :drinking:

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Weitec&category=Suspension&product=HiconGTCoilovers
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Koni&category=Suspension&product=Coilovers
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension&product=KonigsportCoilovers
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=Suspension&product=KonigsportSilverlineXCoilovers
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=KW&category=Suspension&product=V1

TomB:
There are lots of different budget coilovers there! What would you prefer to spend and how many miles do you plan on doing on them?

I've had KW V1's and FK Silverlines on previous cars and they're both very good kits, the FK's are softer and go lower than the KWs, but the quality isn't as good as the KW's.

The Weitec stuff is made by KW, but I haven't seen it so I can't say anything about the quality.

WhiteGTI:
You should also consider Bilstein.

It also depends what sort of driving you are doing. If you're going to track it then maybe adjustable coilovers would be worth it (if you know what you are doing). If you are just using them for fast road, then you would be fine with non-adjustable damping. I've heard that its easy to get the adjustments wrong if you don't know what you're doing, and you are not likely to better the set-up on a fixed coilover anyway.

Just my two-pence worth lol!

joesgti:
I have weiteck coilovers, they are the same as KW V1 but run different springs. the ride is a little harsh but i run them very low so its bound to bem i think they were about 450.  :smiley:

tony_danza:
Eibachs are also basically a KW v1 with their own spring, this is a touch soft for the track in all honesty, but gives a nice plush ride on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version