Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG probs with Revo stage one  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Madman1886

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
DSG probs with Revo stage one
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:07:58 pm »
i recently got my 2008 GTi remapped to Revo stage one and have begun to notice some probs and was wondering if anyone can help ??
The car was initially mapped to run on normal unleaded fuel ( as that what was in it at the time ) and i was quite surprised at the difference in the car, it ran great, pulled solidly in all gears, and racked up licence losing speeds surprising quickly. I was advised that the car should really be run on super unleaded and after putting in 3 tanks of the stuff come back in to get the setting adjusted to suite. The problems stared as soon as the V-power was put in the first time. The car seemed to lose a lot of the torque and the DSG seems to be stalling when changing gear in normal drive mode. Putting this down to the fact the settings need adjusted i put up with it for a few weeks. The car has since been back in and adjusted but the problems with the torque and DSG seem to be worse, to the point the DSG ( not all the time i may add ) seems to be not sure when to change gear properly when you put your foot down a tad and ask it to go. Anyone any ideas what might be causing this as its beginning to do my head in now and the dealer seems stumped as well???

Much appreciated......... Gee

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: DSG probs with Revo stage one
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:57:01 pm »
A Revo or indeed any other remapped car should run on V-Power or a high octane equivalent, and should be tuned to do so. Even standard, VW recommend high octane fuel on the 2.0T FSI engine and only otherwise in emergencies.

From what you are reporting, I can't say that whoever remapped your car is filling me with confidence! Who are they?

They should log your car if any problems and then have an insight into what needs adjusting to put it right.

Btw, Gee, a Warm Welcome to the forum!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:58:54 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:29:06 pm »
I have mapped hundreds of TFSI based cars with Revo, even with 'incorrect' settings I have never had a DSG issue like you are describing. 2008 cars don't tend to have many DSG issues, I would flash to stock and go from there.

Fuel octane won't really affect much, might be worth Pulling the spark plugs and checking them, and replacing ith new for good measure.

You mentioned it all started after first tank of vpower, did you run the tank extremely close to empty? Had an Audi A5 in recently that ran extremely low on fuel and then started playing up, new fuel filter solved it.

Offline Madman1886

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 02:26:11 pm »
Thanx guys, as I said everything seemed to start going pear shaped after the first tank of v-power but i dont think the tank was too far down but i could be wrong. We've already changed the coil packs thinking it was maybe one of them getting earthy but to no avail. It seems to me the DSG is trying to change gear just as the turbo is really beginning to spool up causing it to lose all the boost and almost flat spotting as it changes gear but I'm not sure if its an engine, map or DSG issue...... it really is a hard one to describe in words lol, no fault lights are flashing up and i'm hoping this is not going to damage the DSG long term.