All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Gti and ED30 advice

(1/5) > >>

stugolf:
Hi guys new to the forum! Currently selling my Porsche 911 (bit of a sales plug I know, but its here! http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1052923.htm)

To replace it I'm after a MK5 Golf GTI, in terms of "real world" performance how does a remapped Gti stand against a remapped ED30?

I love the ED30 but I could make a GTI almost as the same as the edition from less money apart from the bigger turbo

Cheers guys! Stu

Jules86:
A remapped GTI wouldnt be close to a mapped ED30, theres about 50bhp in it  :laugh:

WhiteGTI:
For tuning potential its ED30 everytime.

Remap = £550
TBE exhaust = £1000
Intake = £150

Relative power gains:

GTI: 250hp (from 200hp)
ED30: (300-310hp (from 230hp)

So for the same money spent on mods, the power gains are much more on the ED30...

ED30's are coming down to pretty reasonable prices too  :happy2:

In terms of 'real world' performance, on the road they are quite similar to be honest. A remapped ED30 doesn't stray too far away from me on the road, but is obviously that little bit faster!!

MAT ED30:
Nice porsche

Gene Hunt:
 :driver: ...........as above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version