All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
DRL Style Bright Halogen Sidelights
rdfcpete:
Guys,
Looking for a set of the very bright Halogen looking sidelights for my 2006 Golf Gti.
These are most noticeably used on the Audi A6 and the later pre-facelift sportback Audi A3's in a DRL style capacity. I purely want them for sidelight functionality. I think they'd look nice against the Grey of my Gti :)
Ebay only seem to do the Xenon style ones; I don't mind them having a hint of white glow, but rather they were very similar to the Audi style. I also understand many Xenon LED sidelights last about an hour too, this is what I found on my RS Clio's LED sidelights anyway? A few days usage would be nice.
I'm also understand I'll get a bulb error on the MF trip unless I initialise VAGCOM?
Thanks,
Pete.
rdfcpete:
To advance on this, I notice the Mk6 golf GT's seem to have them, look smart and ensure you are clearly seen during the day, DRL style.
Must be some knocking around the web for Mk5's?
rdfcpete:
Anyone?
Ebay and Google don't want to know :/
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: rdfcpete on June 09, 2009, 05:58:49 pm ---To advance on this, I notice the Mk6 golf GT's seem to have them, look smart and ensure you are clearly seen during the day, DRL style.
Must be some knocking around the web for Mk5's?
--- End quote ---
....This is the Mk6 DRL - A bit too yellow imo : -
I prefer my proper Hella LED DRL's which replace my fogs : -
rdfcpete:
That's the ones matey, on the Mk6.
They are very yellow, but I don't mind until I've mustered enough cash for some Xenons, as I have headlamp washers :wink:
Any idea on a source, plus if they fit Mk5's?
I've seen yours around various forums, Mkivs.net and golfgtiforum. They look ace - is there a bulb with a similar image for sidelight fitting?
Ta,
P.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version