All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

DRL Style Bright Halogen Sidelights

<< < (2/5) > >>

rdfcpete:
Okay, just some bright halogen side lights then please?  :smiley:
Is is worth a call to places that stock Hella side lights for Mk5 VWG fitment?

neg:
if anything like Audi if you have Xenon's on the mk6 hopefully you'll get whiter DRL's.

On a note on the Audi's I like the way they dim when the indicator is on and then come back to full brightness once off, very swish and well designed.

rdfcpete:
Yeah look swish.

If I'm honest mate, I just want some slightly brighter side lights than the standard ones. I'll just drive on side lights when its raining or heading towards dusk, until I find a set of Xenons for a naughty price.

Is there any downside to fitting LED side lights and receiving the bulb error?
It doesn't disable the bulbs does it, or restrict any other aspects to the car?

I can live with a bulb error on the midline for a while if it means the side lights will look smarter.

v2brett:
iirc it disables the bulb so the led wont work, to get the led working you would have to fit resistors  :happy2:

neg:
Just get white style bulbs - I fitted these with my xenon's as they matched the xenon white better than having the contrasting yellow.  worked fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version