All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

legit, or just too cheap?

<< < (3/4) > >>

big al:
thanks for the words of advice,
I have been using e bay for 7 years now, and for 5 of them I have been a seller/trader, and the quality of goods and the false descriptions is abysmal as of late, and now that you can't leave bad feedback for buyers your over a barrel/
Im not too worried abou thte stock pics, thats what I use all the time as it makes the product look so much better!
Will update once I have it, and then show it all gaffa taped on.  :signLOL:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: big al on June 10, 2009, 04:21:59 pm ---
Im not too worried about the stock pics, thats what I use all the time as it makes the product look so much better!


--- End quote ---

....I can understand that but unfortunately it immediately arouses my distrust and possibly some other people's too.

I think it's alright to show a 'stock' pic as long as you state it is and additionally show your own possibly crappy pic :smiley:

matsu:
ive just orederd the cheaper version from hong kong via the states... how did you find that guy from nottingham. i didnt get him come up... i really am crap at ebay!
and if i dont like the look of it , i,ll get it wrapped!

did anyone look at the bodykit for the mkv on his ebay shop.... i liked it :ashamed: :chicken: :confused:

matsu

big al:
weel, my carbon grille arrived today,
very nice looking, will try and sort it the weekend,
Can someone (if theres not one already) give me a run through on the best things, and techniques to stick it to the front please?
Also, do I have to drill them in order for the number plate and plynth to go back on?

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: big al on June 11, 2009, 12:55:15 pm ---
..and techniques to stick it to the front please?

Also, do I have to drill them in order for the number plate and plynth to go back on?


--- End quote ---

....I wouldn't bother putting the mounting plynth back on and also don't drill it. Quite a few of the guys on here are using magnets or similar. If that isn't secure enough for you, consider this method : -

Linky : - How To Position and Fix a Front Numberplate

If you do use my method, don't bother with the vertical sticky pads. I ought to update my How-To but the sun is out and I've got a Mk6 GTI to drive!

HTH :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version