Make a donation

Author Topic: R32 Zorst on Gti  (Read 3978 times)

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
R32 Zorst on Gti
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:07:39 pm »
Hi Guys need your help, as usual  :party:

Im planning on getting the lower R32 rear bumper for my GTi in the next week or so to replace my textured bumper, unfortunately im not able to afford that and a Milly or blamefame together so the question is if i get a standard R32 cat back from fleebay would it bolt on my existing exhaust?

Or would i need the whole cat back, DP etc?

Thanks in advance guys!!  :happy2:

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: R32 Zorst on Gti
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:01 pm »
Hi Guys need your help, as usual  :party:

Im planning on getting the lower R32 rear bumper for my GTi in the next week or so to replace my textured bumper, unfortunately im not able to afford that and a Milly or blamefame together so the question is if i get a standard R32 cat back from fleebay would it bolt on my existing exhaust?

Or would i need the whole cat back, DP etc?

Thanks in advance guys!!  :happy2:

I imagine that an R32 exhaust would look very different to a GTIs. A couple of reasons for this - R32 is a V6, so the whole front bit is different. Routing of the exhaust may be different to accomodate the different placing of the engine and lastly.. and this could cause you an issue, the R32 is of-course 4 wheel drive with a prop shaft running down the tranny tunnel and a haldex diff in the rear - so the R32 exhaust has to avoid those bits etc.

I think(!) and I could be wrong here, you'ld struggle to make an original R32 system fit a GTI without considerable welding and modification

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 10:39:41 pm »
If I were you I would wait until you have the bumper and the exhaust you want before fitting, saves hassle and some £££ :happy2:

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »
Just wanna say, no prop-shaft just haldex, works on pressured oil.
haldex and diff under boot floor, boot floor shallower to accomadate them.
just lettin you guys know.
joe'n'topcat have R32 style set ups, so theyll know more
bill

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »
Just wanna say, no prop-shaft just haldex, works on pressured oil.
haldex and diff under boot floor, boot floor shallower to accomadate them.
just lettin you guys know.
joe'n'topcat have R32 style set ups, so theyll know more
bill

I'm curious to know how an R32 gets power to its rear wheels without a prop shaft from the front  :surprised:. The Haldex is just a clutch driven diff . Joe and Topcat have the R32 look GTI milly/blueflame.. i.e. this which is a normal Milltek GTI exhaust with a different tailpipe treatment and not an R32 rear box that just happens to be fitted to a GTI

If you stand behind an R32 and look underneath and then compare it with a GTI, its pretty different. The exhaust back box is smaller, it's more to the left and the link pipe to the central section doesn't exit and run down the left side of the car - it exits and appears to run down the right side of the car.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:01:49 pm by Mark_GTIV »

Offline billyboy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • Billy lar
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 11:01:28 pm »
yeah ignore me
wtf was i thinking, slap myself
ouch

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 11:02:55 pm »
he he no worries  :happy2: :drinking:

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 11:13:12 pm »
Im planning on getting the lower R32 rear bumper for my GTi in the next week or so

They are harder to find than you think. Or have you got one lined up already?

And as for exhuast, Milltek do a R32 Style cat-back system which fits the GTi setup. Looks exactly like R32 setup just for GTi. (Unsure if it would be plug and play with an ED30 - might require bit of fabrication to flare the pipework). See http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=159
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:20:39 pm by pazz »

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 08:54:21 am »
It can be done, My freind bought a GTi from a dealer that had had all the work carried out there as the car belonged to the workshop foreman and they had managed to mate the two exhausts with a bit of welding in the middle, Looked very good and sounded nice to.

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:38 am »
Thanks for your replies everyone, i didnt think it would be a simple plug and play but thought id ask the question!!

PAZZ - I found a comapny online that sells them for £130, i have emailed the company to confirm if it comes primed etc.

Here is the link

http://www.revengebodystyling.co.uk/shop/vmchk/Rear-Bumpers/Volkswagen/VW-GOLF-V-R32-REAR-BUMPER/Detailed-product-flyer.html

After everyones comments i think i will just save the extra up and then bang on a milly or Bluefame at the same time,

Thanks for all your help guys

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 09:38:41 am »
Thanks for your replies everyone, i didnt think it would be a simple plug and play but thought id ask the question!!

PAZZ - I found a comapny online that sells them for £130, i have emailed the company to confirm if it comes primed etc.

Here is the link

http://www.revengebodystyling.co.uk/shop/vmchk/Rear-Bumpers/Volkswagen/VW-GOLF-V-R32-REAR-BUMPER/Detailed-product-flyer.html

After everyones comments i think i will just save the extra up and then bang on a milly or Bluefame at the same time,

Thanks for all your help guys

i dont think that that is a VAG part, i think its a copy, but will still look as good  :smiley:

there was a girl on the old forum called rosie and she had a powerflow welded in the R32 style, i think it only cost around 200, but obv no where near as good a milly or bluflame,  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 10:22:31 am »
Yeah i agree Joe, i dont think at that price it will be VAG but as long as i get a good paint job it shoudl look good!
Then i guess its down to milltek or blueflame!! ARRGHHHHHH

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:03 am »
Im planning on getting the lower R32 rear bumper for my GTi in the next week or so

They are harder to find than you think. Or have you got one lined up already?

....You can easily get one from your VW dealer.

:smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 11:46:55 am »

Here is the link

....Who are all these feckers who don't show pics of the actual products they are selling!? That's a lifted Photoshop image FFS! What about The Trade Description Act?

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys. :rolleye:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:14:04 pm »
Yeah i thought the same RR, bit shoody, i asked them quite a lot of questions and have had no answer thus far so could be a bit shady!!

After reading your excellent review of the new Milly, do you think they will produce a Gti R32 conversion as the one above? Or owuld you have to kill me!! :signLOL: