Make a donation

Author Topic: used car warrnaty?  (Read 482 times)

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
used car warrnaty?
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:38:53 pm »
hi guys my sister bought an 09 fiesta 1.6d whats covered 59k yesterday, but it has a problem with what appears to be the alternator bearings being really noisy on tick over.
just wondering if anyone has any advice for when we contact the dealership tomorrow and if they try fobbing her off saying its normal etc when it clearly isnt.
 alternators seem a pretty common fault on the 1.6d from looking online,  also the car came with a 3 month 3000 mile warranty.

cheers for any help you can give fellas  :happy2:
Still Here!

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: used car warrnaty?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:18:52 am »
Statutory rights are a 1 year warranty. For the first 6 months the burden of proof is on the dealer to prove the fault wasn't there when they sold the car. If they can't it's a free repair. For the last 6 months the burden of proof is on the buyer to prove the fault was there when the car was bought.

Contact Citizens Advice if you have any trouble with the dealer.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: used car warrnaty?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 08:31:38 am »
Dont see how they can argue really she only had the car just over 24 hours and its a big dealer chain so hopefully all will go well with the least amount of hassle possible.

Thanks Sub  :happy2:
Still Here!