Make a donation

Author Topic: Today Ize mostly be distracted  (Read 5777 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Today Ize mostly be distracted
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:47:26 am »

I'm not able to make "Inters" on the Sunday due to family comitments but now I'm even considering shutting the shop on the Saturday so I can not only meet you guys but get "Hands on" with some of this stuff. I'm hooked  :ashamed:

....We haven't actually met (have we!!??), so you must try and come and get your fix of what mods are available.

^ You should be able to guess which of the team is me :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline mixit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
  • NEVER GROW UP
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 10:55:21 am »

Yeah, you're the one hiding the fact you're over excited.   :grin:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 11:15:25 am »
You do realise if you come along to Inters there will be no turning back!  :driver: :grin:

Offline mixit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • NEVER GROW UP
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 11:44:00 am »
You do realise if you come along to Inters there will be no turning back!  :driver: :grin:

Thing is Nath, Iv'e been in denial for the last few months since joining the forum. Kept telling myself "Been there, done that"  :rolleye: I went to every GTi International from the first at Knebworth in 1989 right up until the last one at TRL and the move to Suffolk. I had my MkII tuned and fettled at GTi Engeneering at Silversone, fitted Jetex exhausts, bigger wheels, K&N elements and all sorts of mods for all 3 MkII's and my Mk1. Iv'e been telling myself that I'm over the modding part of my life and I really don't need to get involved... Bluefin has just changed all that.  :grin: My fear now is a trip to Bruntingthorpe will end up being an expensive exercise. If I come I'd better leave my Debit Card at home  :scared: An intake of some sort is allready in my imaginary trolley.  :grin:
I now have to wrestle with my concience over shutting on a Saturday and the potential loss of business.  :confused:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 11:55:09 am »

Yeah, you're the one hiding the fact you're over excited.   :grin:

....Yeah, I do get easily over excited distracted sometimes!

:evilgrin: [C'mon Nathan! What you staring at!!? - I know it's not how well that white car is getting detailed]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:04:01 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 12:01:27 pm »

I had my MkII tuned and fettled at GTi Engineering at Silverstone, fitted Jetex exhausts, bigger wheels, K&N elements and all sorts of mods for all 3 MkII's and my Mk1. Iv'e been telling myself that I'm over the modding part of my life and I really don't need to get involved...

....A friend of mine (who is my daughter's driving instructor) used to have a GTi Engineering Mk1 back in the 1980's and it was featured in the hot mags of the time. In fact I'm currently waiting for some pics from him so I can write a post about it on this forum. Quite a tough looking beastie!

:happy2: 8) :happy2:

Offline mixit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • NEVER GROW UP
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 12:09:10 pm »
GTi Engineering were the Daddies of Golf Tuning back then. I spent over £400 on a RR tune and Full Stainless Jetex System.
Brian Ricketts was also very popular and always had a great stand at Inters.  :smiley:
If I can, I'll dig out some pics from the late 80's / early 90's. I have loads from various events and a lot of GTi Engineering's own demo cars.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 12:28:07 pm »

If I can, I'll dig out some pics from the late 80's / early 90's. I have loads from various events and a lot of GTi Engineering's own demo cars.

....That'll be great! Why not hold fire on posting them and you and I can liaise and start a joint thread on the subject - I have loads and loads of written info but only a couple of poor black&white photocopy images until my friend scans just one old colour print he's still got.

Offline sambo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 06:01:21 pm »
So let me get this right.

You buy this unit for £435 inc VAT & delivery. Once you recieve the unit you upload your existing map onto it and send it to superchips. They then send you back a suitable map to replace the original an you load it up using this thing? Job's a good un car is mapped?

Sound's great! What happen's with the unit once thats done then, do you keep it or send it back? Is it any use for anything? Say's on the website it will read faults too? How well does it do this job?

Where's my credit card? Haven't even got the car yet!

Also... The car i'm hopefully buying next weekend is a late (december 18th) 54 plate. website says 2005 onwards should be ok shouldn't it?

Sam   :jumpmove:
]

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 06:30:30 pm »
^^^ You keep hold of the bluefin handset and if you need to re-flash to stock (for a trip to the dealers) or re-load the map then you can do it yourself without a trip to the tuning company. Also if you sell the car and not longer need to the bluefin you can sell it on and recover some of your costs or send it back to SC to have it reset to be able to use it another car yourself (or a fee).

I am not sure the bluefin can do much on the Mk5 for reading fault codes but I could be wrong.

As your car is a December 04 it's effectively an 05 model so it should be fine for your  :happy2:

Offline sambo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 06:46:07 pm »
Nice one cheers for the info, shame about the lack of fault reading though..

Sam   :jumpmove:
]

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 07:50:50 pm »
The latest Bluefin can read fault codes and I believe older ones can be updated to do so. :wink:

Offline sambo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 10:34:30 pm »
Just noticed the 10% forum discount n all! £391!!  :jumping:

At a later date if i were to go stage 2 would just be a case of paying a small fee and getting the software downloaded?

Sam
]

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 10:52:23 pm »
No Sam. No fee to pay. :happy2: