All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Today Ize mostly be distracted
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: mixit on June 13, 2009, 11:44:00 am ---
I had my MkII tuned and fettled at GTi Engineering at Silverstone, fitted Jetex exhausts, bigger wheels, K&N elements and all sorts of mods for all 3 MkII's and my Mk1. Iv'e been telling myself that I'm over the modding part of my life and I really don't need to get involved...
--- End quote ---
....A friend of mine (who is my daughter's driving instructor) used to have a GTi Engineering Mk1 back in the 1980's and it was featured in the hot mags of the time. In fact I'm currently waiting for some pics from him so I can write a post about it on this forum. Quite a tough looking beastie!
:happy2: 8) :happy2:
mixit:
GTi Engineering were the Daddies of Golf Tuning back then. I spent over £400 on a RR tune and Full Stainless Jetex System.
Brian Ricketts was also very popular and always had a great stand at Inters. :smiley:
If I can, I'll dig out some pics from the late 80's / early 90's. I have loads from various events and a lot of GTi Engineering's own demo cars.
RedRobin:
--- Quote from: mixit on June 13, 2009, 12:09:10 pm ---
If I can, I'll dig out some pics from the late 80's / early 90's. I have loads from various events and a lot of GTi Engineering's own demo cars.
--- End quote ---
....That'll be great! Why not hold fire on posting them and you and I can liaise and start a joint thread on the subject - I have loads and loads of written info but only a couple of poor black&white photocopy images until my friend scans just one old colour print he's still got.
sambo:
So let me get this right.
You buy this unit for £435 inc VAT & delivery. Once you recieve the unit you upload your existing map onto it and send it to superchips. They then send you back a suitable map to replace the original an you load it up using this thing? Job's a good un car is mapped?
Sound's great! What happen's with the unit once thats done then, do you keep it or send it back? Is it any use for anything? Say's on the website it will read faults too? How well does it do this job?
Where's my credit card? Haven't even got the car yet!
Also... The car i'm hopefully buying next weekend is a late (december 18th) 54 plate. website says 2005 onwards should be ok shouldn't it?
Sam :jumpmove:
SteveP:
^^^ You keep hold of the bluefin handset and if you need to re-flash to stock (for a trip to the dealers) or re-load the map then you can do it yourself without a trip to the tuning company. Also if you sell the car and not longer need to the bluefin you can sell it on and recover some of your costs or send it back to SC to have it reset to be able to use it another car yourself (or a fee).
I am not sure the bluefin can do much on the Mk5 for reading fault codes but I could be wrong.
As your car is a December 04 it's effectively an 05 model so it should be fine for your :happy2:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version