All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
RIGHT!... i've had enough...
Mark_GTIV:
As per this thread http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4289.msg83398#msg83398
I've decided I can't live with flat spots in power delivery anymore from the SC stage 2 modified map. I've just booked my car into AmD in Essex for Wednesday for a bit of a session.
They are going to fit an Autotech High Pressure Fuel Pump and we're going to try that with the unmoddified stage 2 Bluefin map from SC to see if it's okay. If it's not a Revo Stage 2+ map is going on...
It could be an expensive day out :laugh: :driver:
TomB:
I was going to say, aren't you based in Holland?
That will be an expensive day out! I thought JD Engineering would be your choice?
Mark_GTIV:
Yep JD Engineering are in NL.. JD want 1140 Euro just for a remap and I suspect I'd pay the same again for a HPFP fitted... and it would need to be ordered.
It's all about Timing, Availability, VAT pricing / Euro v Pound v Dollar + Parts being actually on the shelf - It all adds up to using a British VAG tuner.
It's 60 Euro all in to go through EuroTunnel and AmD Technik are only 1 hour 20 away from Folkstone.
I'm from the UK and communication about subjective feeling stuff is just 'easier'.
Anyway... if anyone is in the neighborhood of AmD on Wednesday and fancies a quick meet... I'll be at their place from around 10:00am.
TomB:
I see your point, good idea!
What a drive home! :grin:
matsu:
holy cow batman..... nice day out. big shame i,m working as i,m in essex.25min driv3e away :sad:
would have like to seen all that going on.
good luck tho!
matsu
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version