All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
RIGHT!... i've had enough...
Top Cat:
I thought you had fixed your flat spots. :chicken:
AMD have a good reputation Neil M uses them all the time.
JD in Holland also do a stage 8 :evilgrin:
chungster:
how much is AmD charging for the Autoteach HPFP? Didn't realise they were supplying it!
mortygttdi:
I see in this months Golf+ that JD wrote the GTi off on circuit apparently setting some of the fastest laps then wollop, pushing abit too hard spun the golf and over it went it was a right state.
Darren
Sorry for the off topic, hope you get it sorted Mark
Mark_GTIV:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on June 14, 2009, 09:56:39 am ---I thought you had fixed your flat spots. :chicken:
AMD have a good reputation Neil M uses them all the time.
JD in Holland also do a stage 8 :evilgrin:
--- End quote ---
SC fixed the fuel cut and the DTCs I was getting by knocking the boost curve down on their stage 2 map for me. But having driven the car a bit since then I can still sense the car "coming and going" a bit through 5000 rpm. It's like they knocked back in the danger zone of 2400 to 4400 and then let it back out again and then reign it back in again approaching 5500 rpm - so you get that flat spot feeling, which is a shame.
If (IF!!!!) , with the addition of the fuel pump, the car drives well on the standard SC map - i.e. nice and linear with no flat spots and certainly no fuel cut, then I'll keep it on the car but (BUT!!!!), if not, then I'll either have AmD custom map it or have them install the Stage 2+ Revo software to get what I'm looking for.
--- Quote from: chungster on June 14, 2009, 11:11:12 am ---how much is AmD charging for the Autoteach HPFP? Didn't realise they were supplying it!
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I just emailed them on the off-chance noticing that they supplied Revo as well.. they have the Autotechs on the shelf and charge including fitting GBP 399+ Vat . - Which I think is pretty good.
--- Quote from: mortygttdi on June 14, 2009, 11:12:57 am ---I see in this months Golf+ that JD wrote the GTi off on circuit apparently setting some of the fastest laps then wollop, pushing abit too hard spun the golf and over it went it was a right state.
Darren
Sorry for the off topic, hope you get it sorted Mark
--- End quote ---
Well, with 500HP I'm sure it was a bit of a handful. :scared: :driver:
bacillus:
Hope it gets sorted mate!
Have they/you checked to see if you HPFP cam follower is ok?
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version