Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost problem :-(  (Read 1549 times)

Offline exodus_ste

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Boost problem :-(
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »
Hi guys. My Edition30 has been at Awesome all day today for a cambelt change and DSG service. All was good when i picked the car up and pootled back towards home to check for any issues. 15 minutes later i had to join the motorway and when i pressed the go pedal, the car boosted up quickly, made a funny howl noise, and the power immediately dropped off. Joining 70mph traffic doing 40 isnt fun..... :scared:

Anyhow, went back to Awesome and i had a 000564 code which is due to an overboost i think. Now after lengthy investigation we found a broken pipe.... Down the back of the engine near the turbo towards the drivers side is a little black thing with various pipes going to it. One of these pipes has broken off from near there. Will this definately be causing the issue? I guess it must be! Anyhow, what is this item? I'd take a picture but my car is now at Awesome for a sleepover and i'm at home.

Any help would be much appreciated. I want my car back :confused:

Offline exodus_ste

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Boost problem :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:45:49 pm »
Done a bit of research this mrnong and its the N75 valve that i was trying to describe. Seems they have broken the little pipe off the valve that goes to the actuator. Easy mistake to make i guess as it is a shady little plastic pipe. They gave me a courtesy car and are fitting a new valve today  :smiley:

Offline Mahooo3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:06 pm »
I'm having a similar boost problem at the moment, the car howls not loud but noticable and the power sometimes dips or does'nt run a smooth through the revs when planiting the throttle. 

Checked my  DV and PCV valve and they are both fine starting to worry :scared:

Could you get some pics off the broken pipe? going to hav a look on the ramp tomorrow...

Offline exodus_ste

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »
Do you have an aftermarket intake? If you had a similar breakage to me, it would cause the problem all the time, plus you would propbaly get thrown into limp mode (1.2 corsa power). You could have a faulty, but not broken N75? I dont have any pictures of the pipe sorry, but unless you've had some work done (eg:timing belt) it is unlikely you have a breakage. Perhaps look at plugs or other ignition components? Scanned for codes?

Offline Mahooo3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:40 pm »
VAGCOM says its a boost regulation problem.  This sounds like the n75. I could see it and touch it but the turbo needs to be dropped down to get at it to take it apart and clean it, or replace it.  Not sure what to do.  Dv is perfect, its not the turbo and not a leaky/loose pipe.  It just happens between about 3000 and 3800 rpm.  On rosstech the symptoms were these things and the n75.  I reckon this is whats rong.  I'll try again to get at it...

Offline Mahooo3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:44:46 pm »
I have a ITG panel filter