All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Site problems?

<< < (3/3)

keith:

--- Quote from: mixit on June 16, 2009, 10:42:12 am ---
--- Quote from: RedRobin on June 16, 2009, 09:02:14 am ---
....I'm with Pipex but my immediate action was to test other sites and it was only this site that was loading slow.

--- End quote ---

I'm with Pipex too Robin. Have been for many years, even before they offered ADSL. Their service used to be 2nd to none. I'm getting very disillusioned with them though of late. Since they were taken over by Tiscali and then Talk Talk, Iv'e had nothing but trouble with my home connection. Because of my distance from the local exchange, I'm only managing 430k downloads. My neighbour's with BT and gets 1.27MB.
A change is well overdue.  :confused:

--- End quote ---
How far are you from the exch 1.27 is well low, my mate stays a fair distance and he just got upgraded from 1 to 2mb.

There used to be a tester you could access and it told you how far roughly you were from the exch and what sort of speed you could expect something like midas some of the current bt guys might know it better

bacillus:
mixit, if you're use a router, could you post your stats?

Also have you removed your ring wire from your socket?
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/socket.php

mixit:
I'm 4.5 miles from my nearest digital exchange so thats why the connection is so poor.  :sad1:
Its never been above 600k in the last 4 years.  :scared:

mixit:

--- Quote from: bacillus on June 16, 2009, 03:03:30 pm ---mixit, if you're use a router, could you post your stats?

Also have you removed your ring wire from your socket?
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/socket.php

--- End quote ---

Ive been through all the tests and stats etc many times before both with Pipex and various others. Plus I'm not at home at the moment. I'm juss too fur from that errr digikul fing  :fighting2:

bacillus:

--- Quote from: mixit on June 16, 2009, 03:04:11 pm ---I'm 4.5 miles from my nearest digital exchange so thats why the connection is so poor.  :sad1:
Its never been above 600k in the last 4 years.  :scared:

--- End quote ---

Ok but did you remove your ring wire as shown on the link I've posted as that usually increases your synch speed and hopefully will increase your BRAS profile with time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version