Make a donation

Author Topic: Remap & dealer servicing ?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline mazza7282

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
  • My Ride: VW Golf GTI200 stage 1 @ 236.6bhp & 306lbs
Remap & dealer servicing ?
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:08:47 pm »
This will be the first time I have ever taken a car to a that personally belogs to me to a  "main dealer".
I've always trusted my local mechanic's who i've used in the past for more involved jobs (D.M.F on an ST220 to be exact !!, damn thing) although I want to keep genuine VW stamps in my service book to attempt to assist with the value and the fact if i'm not completely satisfied, I can shout at em  :P

I got my GTI in May and have read up and decided to go with the Revo stage 1. I've already put my Pipercross panel filter in it, my suitcase delete is on order (Cheapo blueflame backbox only although I like the sound of it don't want a catback miltek or anything), and i'm going to knock out the pre-cat before I take it up there. Hoping for 245-250 @ a push with a strict diet of shell optimax 99.

I'm going to take it up to R-Tech in lecister to get it done. Although as time of of the essense these days, I won't be gnerally servicing the gti myself so I was wondering so I have to tell the dealer it's been mapped and to leave my ECU alone ? or will they be plugging in the computer to read error codes etc in the car ?

Minor servicing seems reasonable at Wayside VW in Letchworth, herts. I may aswell take it up there and get a stamp in my book etc.

Thanks a bunch

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: Remap & dealer servicing ?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »
Just tell them to not update the engine ECU software ?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 11:21:51 pm »
As Dave says tell them not to update it and also leave a note in the car :happy2:

Offline mazza7282

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
  • My Ride: VW Golf GTI200 stage 1 @ 236.6bhp & 306lbs
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:09:23 am »
I was thinking that, I was going to stick a note on the steering wheel

Just wanted to make sure

Thanks