Make a donation

Author Topic: Used approved warranty transfer - anyone done this?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
Used approved warranty transfer - anyone done this?
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »
my golf is first registered jan 06, so the three year warranty is up.
but the previous owner bought from VW dealer Aug-08, and i believe all used approved has 12 months warranty which means a good 6-7 weeks left.

however i never recieved any warranty documents, and i rang a vw dealer who said it's not registered with warranty or extended warranty, but VW general enquiries said you should have warranty documents and can transfer.

any advice?

MKV Golf DSG

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Used approved warranty transfer - anyone done this?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:28:49 pm »
Ring VW Customer Services and they should sort it for you.

You'll have to pay £17.50 I think for change of owner.
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:37:09 pm »
i emailed them, but they :

"Thank you for your recent enquiry. I am pleased to confirm that the remaining warranty would be transferable to yourself as the new owner of the vehicle. In order to book the vehicle in for warranty work, you will need to be registered as the owner of the vehicle on our database."

"Further to our recent correspondence, I can confirm that all used approved Volkswagen vehicles are sold with one year warranty. The details of this warranty are sent to the person who makes the original purchase and as such should have been included with the vehicle documents. You can check with Mondial on 0845 641 9767 as to the validity of any warranty on this vehicle. Please see the following link for details of used approved vehicle warranty:

www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/warranty/used-car/terms
"

i rang two dealers who seem clueless or saying it's not on the system and i have no paper work.

not sure who or what Mondial is though. will try this and rining up VW general rather than email i guess.

wouldn't mind the 6 weeks warranty @ £17.50, if i can change the 4 worm effect centre caps and rear VW badge and get an interior creak seen too.
MKV Golf DSG

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:40 pm »
They won't be covered under the warranty, only the engine and gearbox are covered.

I have boost problems and they're covered, but I also have air con issues and thats not covered.
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:56 pm »
thanks
i won't bother then

bit rubbish for a car which is premium to the golf range and it has worn VW badges

oh well, not great advertisement for them
MKV Golf DSG

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:10 am »
In fairness, they do put it on their website:  http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/warranty/used-car/3-years-plus

Sorry, I forgot there are more parts covered, check that link.  Thankfully steering's also covered, so I'm going to get my dealer to look at my steering rack creak.
Tom