All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

After a bit of information on where I stand with an issue

(1/2) > >>

snapey:
Evening chaps,

Basically I'm after a bit of help and opinions on where I would stand with regards to an issue with my car.

Basically about 3500 miles ago the clutch and flywheel went on my car, these were all replaced under warranty. However ever since its been fitted there seem to be quite a few issues which have arisen. Basically the first issue as this whining:



This then subsided after about 800 miles after numerous visits do the dealer to get it to show up and it being intermittent.

The car since then develops a quite knocking when idling in neutral, the dealer heard this and the mechanic was quick to dismiss it and say its down to backlash from the gears. When questioned how this was possible when no gears are selected, he couldn't come up with an answer. This is still doing it at the minute.

Today on the way to work, without driving hard etc, the faint smell of clutch started to brew with the windows down.

Now how would I stand with all these issues, because even though there only small I'm almost confident its down to the way they have fitted the clutch or flywheel because they have only ever started when its been fitted.

If you could shed some light on it for me it'd be very much appreciated because I don't want to go in all guns blazing.

Luke

TomB:
I'd take it up with VW Customer Services personally.

Explain the situation and they should be able to advise you of the best action to take.  Other manufacturers I've worked for have phoned the dealer direct and got them to do the work, so VW should do the same. 

If they acknowledged there was a fault with the clutch and flywheel, its not unreasonable to expect other parts in the transmission to get damaged, either by the faulty part or in the process of fitting of the replacement parts.

The other option is to take it to another dealer, their service manager might be more sympathetic.

TomB:
Oh and the noise on startup is either a faulty starter motor or a mistightened belt.

Does the sound go away after a few seconds?  If so, definately starter and it only supports your gearbox related woes as they bolt into the gearbox!

snapey:
The whining stopped about 3 months ago, its now been replaced by this constant rattle that you have to listen out for from inside the car with just the engine running and it sounds as though it's coming from the gearbox area when the bonnet is up.

All sounds a bit dodgey from my point of view.

TomB:
It certainly does, are you going to call customer services?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version