All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
After a bit of information on where I stand with an issue
snapey:
Yeah I'll give them a call tomorrow to raise the concern with them and have it recorded on the system and see what they recommend I should do.
Cheers for the help dude :happy2:
TomB:
If you can remember dates and names of people, that will really help you out.
No worries - all the best!
snapey:
basically I rang VW this morning to raise the concern with them that the clutch had not been fitted right, after I have been to the dealer about 3/4 times before to try to get the issue sorted customer care said something should have been done about it right from the start.
The car is going back in on Friday to have an aircon issue sorted, so customer care are ringing the dealer to inform them that they need to sort it out. They agree it didn't sound right and will make sure full technical reports from the first fitting and an inspection that WILL take place on the car are sent to their technical guys at MK. So hopefully should get it sorted.
I showed that video to the mechanics and the service guys there and they said well unless we hear it in person there's nothing we can do..... load of BS, so this video will be going down again for them to tell me that it wasn't a direct result of them bodging the clutch.
There's also no indication from the first warranty sheet that and investigation work had been carried out either side of the friction plates. I.e. crank and gearbox for heat damage, FOD etc etc. and since the clutch went pop 2nd and 3rd have been terribly notchy on occasions, possibly one in two changes.
Overall hopefully it'll get sorted and I can really start to enjoy driving the car right without getting angry with a sh*t gear change.
Many thanks, Luke
TomB:
Excellent news, I love it when CS come down heavy on the dealer!
I'm glad its getting sorted now, let us know the outcome!
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[*] Previous page
Go to full version