All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Arch rolling

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: scarpicus on June 21, 2009, 11:41:31 am ---so Hurdy do u think i should wait till coilovers are on first before arch rolling and changing tyres

--- End quote ---

With 215 section rubber you will be able to go fairly low anyway. The extra 5mm rubber clearance should let you drop another 1/2", 12 mm lower than normal without having to touch the arches. Remember though you are ultimately restricted by the ability to turn the wheels rather than any side clearance when you go really low.

Personally if I could lower my car further then I would lower it and see what NEEDS to be done, rather than have the work done just in case. It maybe that you'll get to a level where you are happy and the arch rolling isn't necessary. :happy2:

mortygttdi:
You dont need your arches rolled IF A) you have an offset of 45mm or higher and B) you are planning a stretch on the tyres.  I have coilivers; one of the lowest sets on the market FK highsport silverlines and ive also got 215/35/18 and they don't catch, no where near catching.

The only thing though is when I first got the coils I put them has far to the ground has I thought I could? there was still about 8 threads left :laugh: when I put it back on the ground it looked badass but it was undrivable :sad: the tyres although they didn't catch in a straight line on corners they nearly pulled the wings off  :evilgrin: the subframe was catching on the slightest wiff off a bump and I could not get near speed bumps cos the front end just wouldn't get over them.

So far has to go I got to the bottom of the street and turned round and came back :chicken: managed to get it in the garden and put the coils up so I could at least not worry about catching any stray slugs going over the road.

scarpicus:
the offset of my wheels are 40 morty plus my tyres are 225/40/18 so il diffenantly catch the arch.
i think ill get coilovers installed first as hurdy said and than take it from there... :drinking:
morty wats the ride like with 215/35/18 over pot holes and do u think its better to go with that tyre size rather than 215/40/18

jon-tfsi:
Hey scarpicus I noticed your shocks are for sale in the classifieds. I might be interested in those. What part of the country are you at? I dont have any privilages to PM you as I'm a newbie.

scarpicus:

--- Quote from: jon-tfsi on June 22, 2009, 07:55:05 pm ---Hey scarpicus I noticed your shocks are for sale in the classifieds. I might be interested in those. What part of the country are you at? I dont have any privilages to PM you as I'm a newbie.

--- End quote ---

Hi Jon and welcome
My koni fsd and eibach pro-kit will be up for sale when i get my coilovers at begin of july you can have second dibs on them as another forum member has said he would be interested in them also... :happy2:

all you need to do to get privilages to pm me or anyone else is to post atleast 10 times ( i think or it might be a bit more can't remember).... :drinking:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version