Make a donation

Author Topic: half cages  (Read 4689 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: half cages
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

In a way it is just for looks i guess, the purpose that it serves doesnt really come into (stupid i know) its a half cage that id want properly fitted but i dont want to wreck my trim by cutting it etc, id rather take it out... (trim that is)

....Either way, irrespective of whether our approaches to this are different, it'll be interesting to see what you decide to do  :happy2:
:signLOL: i dont even know now, i think ill try find a man in shed whos done welding for years!

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »

Obese on here made his own  :happy2: :happy2:

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 10:31:07 am »
I thought about having a half cage fitted at a later date to. I'd rather someone fitted it for me though :P
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 10:37:13 am »

I thought about having a half cage fitted at a later date to. I'd rather someone fitted it for me though :P

....Unless you are already experienced in such metalwork and really know what you are doing, it's got to be a safer option to have someone fit it for you. In the worst case scenario, any rollcage needs to protect you to the maximum possible. It needs to be fixed so it becomes an integral part of the car's structure.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 08:18:52 pm »

....Unless you are already experienced in such metalwork and really know what you are doing, it's got to be a safer option to have someone fit it for you. In the worst case scenario, any rollcage needs to protect you to the maximum possible. It needs to be fixed so it becomes an integral part of the car's structure.

Oh I could easily build and weld one in, but I just know I'd mess it up possibly lol
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.