Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf GTI 300bhp-how much?  (Read 9719 times)

scottm72

Re: Golf GTI 300bhp-how much?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »
^^^^
Scott, the OEM GTI and Ed30 suspension are exactly the same.

Is either the mpg or the road tax any different between GTI and Ed30? :confused: - I didn't think there were any differences between the two. R32 is different.
bingo, apologies rr, that's what I went to see, the r32
sorry got confused there
very hard ride
£800 or so road tax
I considered a Pirelli but didn't like the wheels on the pics at the time,,,, I wanted the golf gti for the Monza look as in my opinion it is still the best loking wheel that the gti has.
after a bit of time now I actually like the look of the Pirelli wheels and maybe I should have went to see one when I had the chance of one close to me.
one of the interiors I seen and I cant remember what car it was was weird and looked like it would burst easily,,, wasn't cloth, wasn't leather, was more like a spongy black elastic cloth ??? is that the Pirelli interior or am I going crazy here,,, whatever one it was I was thinking to myself - only a matter of time before my kids get that burst and a small hole will grow to a huge hole ?
in hindsight I think I would be looking for a more special edition gti like the Pirelli or the ed 30 but I am happy with my gti tbh and we all want more than we have lol,,,,,, damn what seet cover was that now,,, was def oem fit

Pirelli seats...

Tyre tread pattern, nice touch IMO.
that's the seats, I remember now, I am getting confused by 2 diff cars, I seen a Pirelli model at a car sales yard, sat inside it,,, look good in the pics but when I examined the seats it looked like the kind of material that when a small hole appears it will just stretch out to a big one and I have a 3 year old and 6 year old who are in the car every day.
im no cloth expert but that's what they looked like but I could be wrong

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: Golf GTI 300bhp-how much?
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 11:59:04 pm »
300bhp isn't the be all and end all. If a GTI is well within budget then it is a very capable car in K03 form. Even more so once tuned. Ours is stage 1 at the minute and I am surprised how quick it feels due to the way the K03 spools up so quickly.

+1

Mine is Stage 1 Revo and it feels plenty quick enough.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.