Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear Valance  (Read 9336 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Re: Rear Valance
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 07:09:02 pm »
Thanks Winyra. Good to get that confirmed. Just wish I could understand why the gti standard valance is circa £45 and the ed30 is £345!

I'm lovin the ed30 body kit. Just wish I could justify the expeniture. For me I'd need to whip off the milly quads and replace with a twin then have the costs of paint to add! I'd probably have to spend £1500 ish not much dearer for me to trade up lol

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »
Thanks Winyra. Good to get that confirmed. Just wish I could understand why the gti standard valance is circa £45 and the ed30 is £345!

I'm lovin the ed30 body kit. Just wish I could justify the expeniture. For me I'd need to whip off the milly quads and replace with a twin then have the costs of paint to add! I'd probably have to spend £1500 ish not much dearer for me to trade up lol

Suppose its down to more complicated moulding and the fact it's primed ready for painting.  Are you sure it is that expensive?  Thought it was around £260 ish.  I was lucky, a nice £80 ebay purchase and £30 petrol :smiley:  I love it though and if i had to do it again, i'd happily pay the full price for it.

And ref the exhaust, loads of people have standard exhausts sitting around doing nothing.  That's an option and i'm sure your miltek will fetch good money on ebay
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 07:15:27 pm by winrya »

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 07:19:33 pm »
Get thee behind me Satan :-)

Yep thought of selling the quads to help pay. But I'd love another milltek. I will just keep my eyes peeled for someone selling the ed30 rear.

Offline darkforces

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 07:24:26 pm »
been told by a friend of a friend  that one of the reasons the ed 30 is so expensive is to deter good people like ourselves
from changing the spec of the standard gti."VW" would advise against changing any spec on the car .
Needless to say im ignoring them , I will phone other dealers on monday to see if i can get it any cheaper and also if the 340 is for the full rear or the bottom section/spoiler . Then i will need to wait around six weeks at least until i can sweet talk the missus.. :grin:

Offline darkforces

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 07:26:05 pm »
Could be an E bay bidding war on the horizon!! :wink:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 07:43:31 pm »
I check every week for the ed30 front splitter and always check for the rear and I've only seen 1 come up in the past year :sad:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 08:13:31 pm »
lol....yep i check daily too for any of the ed30 body kit. Not much ever appears, reckon its a stealer jobbie but its just soo expensive.

£340 for the lower rear I believe.
sides are similar, if not dearer and the front lip I think is about £200!

best part of a grand, before paint!

probably better just getting a good stage 2 remap or adding some coilovers or big brakes.

Offline darkforces

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2009, 12:18:34 am »
Thats a very good point ..