Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo Stage 2+ Software & KDM HPFP Kit  (Read 9860 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Revo Stage 2+ Software & KDM HPFP Kit
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:56:02 pm »
Following on from my Revo 2 review here's the next chapter.

Why: -

Well it's a diffcult one to explain other than I wanted some more power  :evilgrin:

From the day of getting the Stage 2 software installed and being taken out in Revo's Demo Leon I knew I need some of Stage 2+ code in my life, so after lasting a few weeks/couple of thousand miles I felt it was time to try the next level.

Sourcing

I choose the KDM HPFP internals kit as it was readily available and hasn't suffered the same price increases as the Autotech kit in the recent weeks/months. This was supplied by JBS @ £260 delivered.

As for the code as I already had the Stage 2 software it was just a £50 upgrade fee to get the new Stage 2+.

Normally I would pop up to Revo directly to get the code installed as they are less than 10 miles away from me but due to timings/availability and getting this done before my trip to Germany it made more sense to get over to Justin and the team at the TT Shop in Bedford.

Installation

The installation of the pump internals is quite a straightforward process, the only problem was the original o-ring had perished so a new one had to be picked before the pump with the new internals could be re-fitted. Excluding the time to go and get the new o ring it took less than 1 1/2 hours to complete this part of the install.

Justin then completed some logging to ensure everything was still OK before the new code was loaded.

Next up was the Revo software flash, like normal this was a quick process of around 5 mins.

Once complete Justin took the car out for some more logging and setup.

He returned and reported all was well  :happy2:

He had used the settings as I had been previously setup with - B8-F9-T6.

I did start to wonder if he had go a bit carried away and dropped it in a ditch as the second logging session he was gone for a good 45 minutes, but that was just the Bedford rush hour traffic  :laugh: :laugh:

For the "butt dyno" calculations I believe Justin said the airflow reading on mine of 1 gram per second less than NeilM's car that had been in the week before (I think it was something like 248 on mine vs 249 on NeilM's).

Plus Points: -

* Improved performance, most noticable in the mid to upper rev range  :driver:

* Increased boost noise which sounds awesome  :drool:

Minus Points: -

* None that I can think of really, other than a very small descrease in normal fuel economy  :smiley:

Summary: -

Again I have been realy impressed with the change to the way the car feels after these changes, immediately I feel the car had a sense of more urgency to it.

Out of the road the pull from 3-3.5k is just superb and feels a lot quicker than before.

Generally motorway crusing feels just the same but the pickup when you got to accelerate is much stronger and once a minimal difference in fuel consumption (at most maybe 0.5 miles to the gallon less).

So a big thanks to Justin at the TT Shop, it was top notch customer service I received given the short notice, only downside of being in there showroom / waiting area for a couple of hours was the shiney things got to me and I ended up spending some more money while I was there  :embarrassed:

Sorry for the lack of photos but it was a bit of a last minute job due to being let down by another company on some other work.

So now on the with the new Intercooler and a decent Intake (plus plenty more bits and bobs I am sure)  :smiley:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:39:15 pm by SteveP »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Revo Stage 2+ Software & KDM HPFP Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 07:40:53 pm »
Great review 8)
Golf R gone.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »
Great review 8)

:grin: :grin:

i wonder why!  :rolleye:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:20:20 pm »
He's turned, turned to the dark side  :signLOL:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52