Make a donation

Author Topic: Not Happy  (Read 5453 times)

Offline _chris_

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Not Happy
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 07:30:35 pm »
Thanks for all the comments guys.
V Cherry - Have been chasing the security manager; checked all cameras but nothing, typical. Will be calling into some more bodyshops get some more prices and parking in full view of cctv from now on. :signLOL:

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »
i feel for you mate, i cant imagine howd id feel. I hope it all works ok in the end.

With regards to CCTV, if someone hit your car (and knew it) then drove off with out leaving a note etc, could they be prosecuted for leaving the scene? You would have video evidence, with the reg etc...
Dont know why i thought of that really??

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 10:52:15 pm »
There are some real scumbags about...really feel your pain too.... :sad:

Here's hoping you get it sorted soon.  :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline hammyhammer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 09:43:23 am »
Really feel for you.

Something similar happened to me 3 yrs ago in my Ibia (was a month old with less than 1k on the clock) and I was very fortunate to see the person do it (or see my car go flying) and chased them down.

wanted to open a can of whoop ass on him sadly he was a very big chappy all round - although he wanted to hit me for the pleasure of him driving into my car.  :fighting: :fighting:

Hope it gets sorted soon.  if their are cameras in the area and secuirty are not much help you can try the police

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 02:56:03 pm »
I'd claim on the insurance and get a quality repair job.  You might pay an £100 extra on your premium next year but its not the end of the world.  My girlfriend wrote off my second car last year and lost me all my no claims and left me with a claim on my policy.  Just renewed with 1 yrs ncb, a claim, 27 years of age with 18" monza's, colour coded, ed30 rear bumper and black vw badge for £660 all in.  Mate has had 2 claims for bumps and his policy still went down both times.  Insurance is there for a reason and it doesn't mean your premium will rocket.