All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Are there any benefits to running these open air vents?

<< < (5/6) > >>

J5BWS:

--- Quote from: Jaywoo-GTI on July 02, 2009, 09:04:50 am ---
--- Quote from: J5BWS on July 01, 2009, 10:17:20 am ---I was about to put my order in yesterday for them but they've doubled in price over the space of a week and a half so I'm waiting on my dealer to get back to me...

--- End quote ---

Dealers have increased the price off all body parts recntly as i found out when i went to order a US grill.

--- End quote ---

They haven't half gone up!  However I've just been told that the profit margin is huge so find yourself a helpful parts guy if you can!  :wink:

tony_danza:
Wowzers!... I'm heading outside with a tube of industrial strength glue to ensure mine stay where they are for that money!!

They have moulded backplates that deflect airflow to certain bits, so you can adapt them with a bit of creativity to run venturi cold feeds to your airbox up behind the headlight - saves cutting a hole in the face of it.

J5BWS:

--- Quote from: tony_danza on July 02, 2009, 10:40:58 am ---Wowzers!... I'm heading outside with a tube of industrial strength glue to ensure mine stay where they are for that money!!

They have moulded backplates that deflect airflow to certain bits, so you can adapt them with a bit of creativity to run venturi cold feeds to your airbox up behind the headlight - saves cutting a hole in the face of it.

--- End quote ---

LOL

That's how I am thinking about using them, not sure what intake I'm going to run yet, but I'm exploring the different possibilities...

RedRobin:
....

The plastic they are made of is virtually a polythene and therefore has a lot of resistance to stone chips etc.

I've now got carbonfibre ones and am wondering whether to sell my oem open vents. I've still got my closed ones too.

stealthwolf:

--- Quote from: RedRobin on July 02, 2009, 11:48:52 am ---wondering whether to sell my oem open vents
--- End quote ---

me me me me!

I want first dibs on the Modfather's grilles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version