All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Are there any benefits to running these open air vents?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Peskarik:
Oops, Awesome has increased the price to 50 quid.  :surprised:
I had the problem getting these open air vents. Fischer does not sell them anymore, and Awesome had problems getting them from their usual source, I had to wait a few weeks. Now they get them shipped from USA, so that must be the reason for price increase.

J5BWS:

--- Quote from: Peskarik on July 01, 2009, 05:49:51 pm ---Oops, Awesome has increased the price to 50 quid.  :surprised:
I had the problem getting these open air vents. Fischer does not sell them anymore, and Awesome had problems getting them from their usual source, I had to wait a few weeks. Now they get them shipped from USA, so that must be the reason for price increase.

--- End quote ---

My dealers got them in stock so I'm picking them up tomorrow, hopefully not for the full price though!  :happy2:

DanoGTI:
Got to admit, I prefer the closed ones too - they just look to flimsy. A stone or something at a higher speed could decimate that and cause some real grief (imho)

Dan

Tarmac_Terrorist:
They are extremely strong - not brittle plastic as you might imagine. It would take one hell of a stone / rock to break one I should think.
I was under the impression that these vents were originally designed for cars in the middle / far east (hotter climates) to assist with DSG gearbox cooling but were eventually deemed unnecessary by VW. Then again i'm probably completely wrong / misinformed  :confused:

Jaywoo-GTI:

--- Quote from: J5BWS on July 01, 2009, 10:17:20 am ---I was about to put my order in yesterday for them but they've doubled in price over the space of a week and a half so I'm waiting on my dealer to get back to me...

--- End quote ---

Dealers have increased the price off all body parts recntly as i found out when i went to order a US grill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version