All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Is it better to have more tread on the front tyres?

<< < (2/2)

tony_danza:
I think the legal limit is actually 3mm in Germany - so you may be rolling illegal boots over there.

winrya:
the comments above are correct but for me I like all my tread on the front because it makes such a difference to how the car drives.  I dont push hard in the bends but i do like some acceleration so I'll stick with my grip up front :laugh:

uz:
Cheers for the replies guys  :smiley:

He caught the 8am Channel Tunnel train though so there wasn't time to get anything sorted. He's got a meeting in Lilles today, so he will have a chance to get the tyres changed there!

 :driver:

bacillus:

--- Quote from: uz on July 01, 2009, 11:28:07 am ---Cheers for the replies guys  :smiley:

He caught the 8am Channel Tunnel train though so there wasn't time to get anything sorted. He's got a meeting in Lilles today, so he will have a chance to get the tyres changed there!

 :driver:



--- End quote ---

I hope that he doesn't go to the EU equavelent of Kwik Fit over there with those Monza 2 rims...   :scared:

TomB:
I think this is a very personal thing, everyone prefers it a different way.

I have more grip on the rear, as understeer is quicker to correct. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version