Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf mk5 2.0 tdi, is it a write off?  (Read 5059 times)

R32UK

Re: Golf mk5 2.0 tdi, is it a write off?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »
the chances are that your hire car will be costing £109 per day.

once the other party have admitted liability, your insurance company will be happy to provide you with a nice expensive hire car.

this is as all costs will now be covered by the thrid party.

guess who usually owns the hire car company?  :grin:

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:58:25 pm »
Sorry OP i can't really offer you much information but I hope someone else can give you a proper answer :)  Good luck!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:06:22 am by JStav »
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline zonedemon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 01:17:05 am »
Im sorry Panal.

Now maybe this would be a better format for you all?

That being said I'm not sticking to it as I type in the dark and very fast, expect errors.

right back to normal before you all start picking out my errors which i would expect from a 13 yr old ive, sorry is it i've?

jk ive got qualifications in maths and english from college and university but i only use those when writting a letter or cv or on paper and do not do so on a forum or is that don't?

if you cant be arsed to read what i put based on because i added commas 2 many times fine kick me and lets be done with this, im not some snotty nosed idiot whos come in to give everyone a hard time and i would expect to be given the same respect as i would give you and not to be humilated because i havent put the right comma in the right place or a fullstop or a capital letter at the beginning of a new sentance.

but my question is genuine as ive never been in this situation and was curious, expect errors as im overworked and underpaid yet i work 6 days a week at 8 hrs and 7th day at 10 hrs and my 16month old son and mechanics level 3 at college part time so dont think for one moment im dumb or stupid ive had a hard life, studied 3yrs at college to become a doctor and because of my health i would never get a job in that field and so i looked into something that would benefit my health as exercise is the best thing for what my disability which i dont get anything for.

i have cystic fibrosis just incase you all wanted to know and while im ill and face a bad outcome of living on oxygen and bound to a wheel chair in the next couple of yrs or a double lung transplant ask yourself this, why is it that those who are ill seem to put themselfs out there and work and those who are fit and healthy dont bother and prefer to smoke do drugs and drink? 3 things i cant ever do.

and as for the space between every fullstop, its so you can read this easier.

Offline zonedemon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 01:25:13 am »
Panel* can't believe I misspelt it again lol and I hope I didn't insult anyone but you must understand I don't have the time or effort to put so much effort into this, I hope you can understand this as everyday life takes to much of my time and I'm so used to my Iphone correcting things for me that I have gotten lazy because of this, plus my son stole my shift button off my laptop.

I'm just worried that they may undercut me on the value of my Golf mk5, I paid £3,000 for it on 161000 odd miles but I have seen on Ebay they go for that mark still on the same milage and even more on Autotrader.

What should I expect and what would I expect to buy my car back if they cat d it?

R32UK

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 09:55:18 am »
I went through the same process recently. My advice would be

a) avoid a cat d car as it will not be worth anything when it comes to selling

b) get examples of as many cars you can find similar age/spec to yours. you do not have to agree with what the insurance company offers you.

Nasir

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 10:54:16 am »
Panel* can't believe I misspelt it again lol and I hope I didn't insult anyone but you must understand I don't have the time or effort to put so much effort into this, I hope you can understand this as everyday life takes to much of my time and I'm so used to my Iphone correcting things for me that I have gotten lazy because of this, plus my son stole my shift button off my laptop.

I'm just worried that they may undercut me on the value of my Golf mk5, I paid £3,000 for it on 161000 odd miles but I have seen on Ebay they go for that mark still on the same milage and even more on Autotrader.

What should I expect and what would I expect to buy my car back if they cat d it?

It wasn't never meant to offend you, it was constructive criticism  :happy2:

If people are deterred from reading your post (as evidenced) then you're less likely to get different answers to your question.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 11:26:45 am »

It wasn't never meant to offend you, it was constructive criticism  :happy2:

If people are deterred from reading your post (as evidenced) then you're less likely to get different answers to your question

.... x 2

It's not a case of criticising your English grammar, zonedemon, or even spelling (not everyone has had the privilege of a public school education like wot I av) but simply one of encouraging you and others like you, to make the effort to use some punctuation and paragraph spacing so that everyone can more easily (and more willingly because it's less time-wasting) understand what you are asking for help/advice about and consequently respond to you positively.

Whatever your circumstances, I am inclined to think that if you can use a keyboard (touch screen or otherwise) at all, which you clearly can, then you can do this quite easily. If not easily, then perhaps it's a good opportunity to view this as a challenging exercise which might help you in life beyond just this car forum.

My comments are in no way intended to be harsh towards you but are intended to result in some of us being able to help you more easily.  :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline zonedemon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 04:21:34 pm »

A picture of the actual damage on the drivers side which doesn't show all as I took it at the time of the accident and had to find my center cap.

Will they write it off?

Offline zonedemon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 04:25:18 pm »
I mean the damage looks worse then the picture shows, rear quarter panel and both rear wheels scruffed, passenger side slightly worse being forced onto the curb and a flat tyre. Not sure if anything else has been damaged.

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 04:33:48 pm »
If you're so worried, don;t go through the insurance and fix yourself...
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 04:40:21 pm »
Or if you know a garage you can trust, show them your damaged car and ask their opinion about what would be needed to repair it and what it would cost. That will give you an idea of what to expect and it will keep your options open about what you decide to do.

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 10:34:45 pm »
I can't help with your problem, but please could you refrain for using text abbreviations on this forum, as pointed out in the usage guidelines :happy2:

:indifferent: You must be really run at parties!

Er yeah, I'm really, really run at parties. Whatever that might mean.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »
I can't help with your problem, but please could you refrain for using text abbreviations on this forum, as pointed out in the usage guidelines :happy2:

It's a Chinese party for Chinese people.  :innocent:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 11:06:15 pm »

It's a Chinese party for Chinese people.  :innocent:

.... :signLOL: One of those "Give me 5 dollars and I stay with you all night" parties?

Offline zonedemon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 10:16:09 am »
Hi everyone I need some advice please. After nearly two months my car is finally in the bodyshop being repaired and the body shop is refusing to replace my rear tyre that was punctured in the accident and my car sounds really loud from the inside when you drive it but the bodyshop have said they won't be investigating it but will be doing a 4 wheel alignment, like that's going to fix the noise?
The noise comes from the drivers side rear wheel as your driving it gets louder like a whirling and some scraping which could be the brakes being a little rusty from sitting on the drive for the last month and half- 2 months.
When you take a right the car feels like you have just gone over a bump hard and think your going to stack it, swaying type motion but right now I'm still arguing with RSA mobility because dispite the engineer not coming out to look at my car or even get off his arse as I've had to do everything include find a bodyshop to have my car repaired (Murketts) who are doing the work for £2278 just for the quarter panel and 2 wheels refurbished, RSA mobility engineer was only intrested in offering me £900 to spend in what way I liked, now because of this guys ignorance and lazyness RSA will have a bill for £2278 + £5673 on the courtesy car and I should be getting my car back today finally and hopefully they have looked into the cars leg, suspension etc.
The tyre is another problem as I took the wheel to a garage and it had a split in the side wall and you could just peel it back and see the wired mesh, because of that and my 16 month old son the MOT mechanic himself put a knife through the flat tyre, as he put it he wouldn't be doing his job if he allowed me to drive on that tyre as there was the risk of it blowing out so if I have to pay to have it replaced I guess it's one of those things.
I've also had to buy a new car seat and they are so hard to get anything out of them and I doubt it's even worth my time asking them to payout for it, I'll let you all know how the car feels and looks once I get it back.