All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Morrisons Fuel

(1/4) > >>

Andy:
i copied this of another forum-makes interesting reading
 
 

I'm sure most of us don't use Morrison's fuel in our cars, but might be worth passing this information to friends/relatives who may do...

As some of you may know, my old man works in a large Esso oil refinery.  He advised me yesterday not to buy fuel from Morrison's anymore because of changes they have made.  While all fuels now contain 5% bio ethanol as an environmental measure, Morrison's are using fuel with 15% bio ethanol which does not comply with British Standards (if you look on their pumps now, the BS mark has been removed and I have seen this for myself to confirm it).  Bio ethanol in some tests that Esso ran, can lead to degradation of rubber seals & gaskets where it comes into contact with them over a long period of time.  In the test room, this is believed to have lead to premature failures in the fuel systems.  New seals have been developed for new cars which resist this for longer, but older cars such as the Mk4 could still be prone to being affected by this.

It's not a chance I want to take and think it's worrying that Morrison's bosses have decided to take this gamble on the motorist's behalf without giving any warning information about it.

I just thought it was right to pass this on to make people aware...

Wigster.
 

VC:
I'm strictly a VPower bunny but that makes for interesting reading  :confused:

bacillus:
Interesting even though I don't use their petrol... :happy2:

stealthwolf:
My rents sometimes use Morrisons for groceries. They'll use the petrol as well to save time. I'll let them know.

bigbo:
i never knew this, i normally go to morrisons to refuel to cos its the closest to my home, no more though!!  :scared:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version