All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
Morrisons Fuel
yin:
They started doing this along time ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4808244.stm
yin:
--- Quote from: maxitrol on July 05, 2009, 05:03:31 pm ---i copied this of another forum-makes interesting reading
I'm sure most of us don't use Morrison's fuel in our cars, but might be worth passing this information to friends/relatives who may do...
As some of you may know, my old man works in a large Esso oil refinery. He advised me yesterday not to buy fuel from Morrison's anymore because of changes they have made. While all fuels now contain 5% bio ethanol as an environmental measure, Morrison's are using fuel with 15% bio ethanol which does not comply with British Standards (if you look on their pumps now, the BS mark has been removed and I have seen this for myself to confirm it). Bio ethanol in some tests that Esso ran, can lead to degradation of rubber seals & gaskets where it comes into contact with them over a long period of time. In the test room, this is believed to have lead to premature failures in the fuel systems. New seals have been developed for new cars which resist this for longer, but older cars such as the Mk4 could still be prone to being affected by this.
It's not a chance I want to take and think it's worrying that Morrison's bosses have decided to take this gamble on the motorist's behalf without giving any warning information about it.
I just thought it was right to pass this on to make people aware...
Wigster.
--- End quote ---
This was when they badged it as E85 the are now selling a 30% one called B30 which can be a real engine killer
http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/blog/index.php/2009/03/27/concerns-about-morrisons-b30-fuel/
Edition30:
I imagine its cheaper for them to do it this way?
I work for Morrisons and since Ken stepped down the company has changed, its tried to change its image with the new logo and uniforms but still thinks its run backwards :confused:
keith:
Slightly off the morrisons thread I notice Jet garages do Super Unleaded now I have been using it and haven't noticed any side affects.
SO8:
Off at a slight tangent ... but does anyone know if the cleaning agents in V Power are better than those contained in Tesco 99 ??
I know V Power make a big thing of their fuel keeping everything about as good as it can get and cleaning off any c*ap that is already there .... but Tesco's 99 supplier (Greenergy ? or similar ) say on their website their fuel has agents that do the same stuff ....
.... oh, and I won't be using Morrisons either !
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version