Make a donation

Author Topic: Simmo's MK5 GTI DSG 2006  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Simmo's MK5 GTI DSG 2006
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:47 am »
Hi All,

I'm quite new to the forum but have taken a lot of recommendations and help from you guys so far; as a result I've bought a 2006 GTI with the DSG box and leather interior.

It's completely standard (apart from the last owner had really dark window tints put on all of the side and back windows - which I've now removed with the help of warm water and washing up liquid!).

Shes got 75k on the clock, full VW stamped service history and after 2 hours of jacking and wading around her before buying I could only find a couple of minor scratches of paint missing to the back top of the bonnet (which are being touched up this week) and slightly scuffed wheels (which again I'm going to have refurbed). 6 months warranty came with her (although who knows how good aftermarket warranty really is!).

She was a little rough for the first 3 seconds or so when I started her up this morning but I'm taking her into VW for a full going over and service next week so hopefully that will be cured.

What do you guys think?

Cheers, Simmo

Offline toughster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
Re: Simmo's MK5 GTI DSG 2006
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:53 am »
Love the front end! Looks pretty mean with the red GTI badge and black VW badge.

Welcome to the forum!

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:54:53 pm »
Cheers :)

Just took her out to get taxed and dropped into sport mode; the suspension stiffened up as well! Didnt realise it has that option!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 01:19:25 pm »
Looks good, those tints look crazy dark!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Luka

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:21:26 pm »
Cheers :)

Just took her out to get taxed and dropped into sport mode; the suspension stiffened up as well! Didnt realise it has that option!

I don't think it does?

Car looks nice. Good choice to get rid of those tints!  :happy2:
Sold - 2006 Tornado Red GTI 3dr

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 01:31:31 pm »
Yeh, it definitely got harder (I had a 2010 Scirocco GT as a company car before which had the adaptive option on it); also stopped the revs dropping below 3k which was nice for a bit of on-boost action but I can see I will need to transfer my mortgage to Shell if I leave it in Sport!

Definitely regarding the tints, I've taken the fronts off now - could barely see out of them when I drove her home last night!

Offline Luka

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »
Sport mode purely changes the gear change points on the DSG box. The Scirocco probably did have it as Adaptive Suspension is an option on those vehicles, not on ours.
Sold - 2006 Tornado Red GTI 3dr

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 02:19:02 pm »
Weird! I'm probably going mad (or just drove over a bumpy bit of road by coincidence!)!

To be honest after a weekend of moving my fiance in and then trekking half way across Britain to get the car I have probably gone mad through exhaustion!