Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise control stalk postage  (Read 483 times)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Cruise control stalk postage
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »
I bought a cruise control stalk from eBay just after Christmas for £10 + £5 postage.

This was from a breaker and they emailed me after ordering stating that they were closed until the 4th of January so it would be sent then, I received the stalk on the 9th of jan.

I went to fit the stalk last weekend and noticed that the tabs that slide into the steering Column were both broken, installed the stalk and activated cruise control in both my steering controller and the ECU and cruise did not work. I got errors that there was no communication from cruise control.

I have contacted the seller and they have said because I ordered the stalk on the 26th of December I have left it too late to complain but they will send me a replacement if I cover postage. I'm happy enough with that but they are asking me to pay £10 to cover postage and to send the damaged one back.

I'm thinking that £10 is taking the piss? Does anyone else agree?   

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Cruise control stalk postage
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:51:54 pm »
Why not pack it up & take it to the post office & get the price from them. You can then use this to deal with the seller?. :smiley:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Emilwy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Cruise control stalk postage
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:54:08 pm »
They are taking the piss. If it's broken it's down to them and you shouldn't pay anything. I would get on to eBay about it if I was you mate and tell them you want your money back. Good luck.