Make a donation

Author Topic: Which 3m vinyl?!...the mind boggles...  (Read 3728 times)

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
Re: Which 3m vinyl?!...the mind boggles...
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 11:02:49 am »
A gloss finish carbon vinyl will probably look even closer to the real stuff as most of the carbon used on road cars (not supercars or race cars) has a gloss finish.

Personally, subject to what you wrap, I prefer the 'matt' finish carbon vinyl, especially in the cabin. I look forward to seeing some 4D gloss though.

Yeah, Ive seen some work done in 'big al' 's car and it looks very nice  :smiley:

Offline Jamminjim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »
Anyone used the 4D Version yet? looks like it has a nice gloss finish like the Focus ST used to have around the stereo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190764831163?var=490128682029&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It does indeed look amazing in the pics but is there actually any such thing as a 4d effect or is this just a cunning sales ploy?! The only '4d' I've ever heard of was a film or suchlike in London where the fourth dimension was smell... It's worth a look tho  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:59 pm »

The only '4d' I've ever heard of was a film or suchlike in London where the fourth dimension was smell... It's worth a look tho  :happy2:

....Scratch-N-Sniff carbon vinyl, anyone?

Yeah, 4D must be a marketing aid - Quite clever really.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 09:56:31 pm »
Think they should call is 4G not 4D....as in 4th Generation...thats all it is...the newest type...looking forward to seeing waht it looks like, if it looks half decent might wrap the main part of the centre console
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)