Make a donation

Author Topic: how to confuse a dsg??  (Read 6233 times)

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: how to confuse a dsg??
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:12 pm »
^^^ I think Robin is refering to a possible DSG remap from another company that isn't released as yet  :innocent:

However the features in the test/beta version may be different to the initial released product from this company :happy2:

Hurdy will be able to confirm the features of the GIAC software.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:11 pm »
^^^^
The *coughs* mean clearing of throat before muttering something which is only for whispering and which has an element of secrecy.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time. It's as SteveP says - He speaks da troof.

My particular solution when approaching the end of the 30/40 zone is to shift from D to M and 3rd or 4th, maintain the limit until my shoulders are level with the GLF sign, and then floor it in M. Obviously according to road conditions.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:02:02 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 11:49:48 am »
I find the DSG gearbox very predictable and rewarding.  In a turbo car you always want to progressively apply the accelerator - that way you get to use all the torque and give the turbo a chance to build pressure.

As RR suggested...I find using the paddles approaching a round-about/junction ideal to maintain the revs between 2.5 to 4K.

Plus it helps having those nice aluminium DSG extensions I got fitted at the TT Shop... that way I don't need to fumble around for the levers when ragging round corners...  :pomppomp:

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 01:28:54 pm »
In a turbo car you always want to progressively apply the accelerator - that way you get to use all the torque and give the turbo a chance to build pressure.

Where did you hear/read that?  :confused:

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 04:34:13 pm »
Just a personal opinion - rather than a statement of fact based on science. :chicken: