Make a donation

Author Topic: iPod connector - help!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline perfectostar

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
iPod connector - help!
« on: August 25, 2017, 10:00:20 pm »
Hi everyone, recently became the proud owner of an '06 reg GTi. Having been in the hunt (seriously) for the past 8 months after years of dreaming, I finally found something which ticked all the boxes, and there were a lot of boxes!  After a couple of weeks of pure enjoyment and getting to know my new baby, I'm starting to discover a few niggles! The first of which I'm looking for some help on.

The car has an rcd510 touch screen stereo, which I'm presuming wasn't standard on this year of manufacture (although I stand corrected on that). The problem I have is with the iPod connector, located in the glove box. When connecting my iPod touch (3rd gen) it's not recognised by the stereo. I've tried the aux function, which comes up blank, no options available. The iPod doesn't charge either.

I'm coming in a bit blind here as was fitted by previous owner with no documentation or invoice.

Am I missing something simple in terms of the stereo functions or is it possible it has never worked and I've inherited a bad DIY job..by!

Would appreciated any thoughts or suggestions

Cheers,
Stewart

Offline Pirelli_Reece

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
  • 2008 Pirelli Edition GTI
    • Email
Re: iPod connector - help!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:25:26 pm »
You have to press the cd button on the stereo twice to access the iPod menu. However, if it's not charging you either have a faulty unit or it's not plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline perfectostar

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 03:30:49 pm »
Are you thinking about the earlier Stereo types, rcd 300 / 500, that have the actual CD button on the console? I have the rcd510, which is touch screen.

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 10:39:31 pm »
I had a mk6 golf with the rcd510 dab version. The car came with an ipod connector under the arm rest.

I pressed the media button to select the ipod. From memory it said Bluetooth, aux or ipod.
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline perfectostar

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 04:41:28 pm »
Bump