All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
GIAC DSG Glitch
GTIjames:
Been running this software for a few months now and overall impressed but noticed a slight glitch recently and would be interested if anyone else who has the software has also experienced it.
with the nice weather at the mo I have been turning the 'esp' off most of the time.
have noticed when sat at the lights for instance with your foot on the brake (with esp off) waiting for them to go green, when you move your foot over to the the throttle to accelerate it initialises launch control and as you are not reving hard enough it just bogs down.
I have not had both feet on the pedals I have just merely moved my right foot from the brake to the throttle and this starts launch control when 'esp' is turned off.
I mean its fine if you always want to start using launch control but that is not always practicle or safe, so I now have to make sure i turn esp on when at lights or wait a few seconds after taking my foot of the brake to put on the throttle.
anyone else noticed this?
Top Cat:
There is only you and Hurdy with this mod. I take it this is happening in manual mode and sport, you cant access launch control from drive. :smiley:
GTIjames:
yeah I always have it in 'manual' mode never really use 'd' or 's'
its not a major issue, everything else with the software works well just this bit
Hurdy:
I haven't really noticed this James. There can be a pause in gear engagement, but not in take up after the gear is set. Then again, it is very rare that I turn off traction control so I wouldn't feel it as much as you probably would. I do however, nearly always drive around in manual mode :happy2:
GTIjames:
thanks for the replies
if you do get chance to check it out hurdy it would be greatly appreciated,
it always happens for me when esp is turned off and I am sat at the lights waiting to set off then when I transfer my right foot from the brake to the throttle I can always feel that launch control is engaged. I put my foot down and you get that slight delay that normally occurs in launch control and as I am only reving lightly not the usual c3000rpm when properly engaing LC it just seems to bog down and the lag is exagereated. can make you look like a right tit, and if you floor it then you get horrendous wheel spin which is worse im not sure :signLOL:
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version