Make a donation

Author Topic: Re-attaching A-pillar trim.  (Read 1969 times)

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Re-attaching A-pillar trim.
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:24:57 pm »
I've finally found time to hook up my DAB equipped RNS 510 to an antenna; thought I'd have a go with a cheapo Halfords supplied twenty quid job which sticks to the passenger side of the windscreen. I removed the A pillar trim, glovebox and RNS etc and once plugged in there were my DAB radio stations loud and clear. Result. However, replacing the A-pillar trim piece is not so straightforward I found. The 3 retaining 2-part clips are very fragile and hard to align back into their pillar mounted female companions. Is there a clever knack to this please?
I can put up some pics if anyone's interested in the aerial. It's pretty unobtrusive and works a treat. In London. We'll have to see how it performs out of the city in the next few weeks.
PR

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Re-attaching A-pillar trim.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »
This is the text book approach from the dealers

http://www.my-gti.com/1867/volkswagen-golf-a-pillar-trims-–-removal-and-installation

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Re: Re-attaching A-pillar trim.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:34:46 pm »
Haha. The factory description of reinstalling the trim doesn't account for the 7 year old clips that heat and cold has deteriorated and my cloddish attempts at refitting! I'll try working from outside the car; might be able to see through the windscreen where the clips are going.
Thanks again.
PR