All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Noise when car in neutral and clutch pedal released

<< < (3/3)

john_o:
traditionally this would be a clutch release bearing / input shaft  type noise.
However some users over on golfmkv.com have complained about clutch 'chatter' in a no load scenario
(i.e. foot off pedal and not in gear) following an upgrade to a high torque clutch.

What was the exact spec / part number for the sach clutch you have added?
If it is a high performance clutch then I'd suspect chatter which is normal
If its just a 'normal' ish spec clutch then Id suspect its not normal and needs looked at
 :happy2:
john

Peskarik:
talked to mechanics, they said it is ok, no problem.
I hear rotating noise when the car is warm and I am in neutral and clutch pedal released, when I depress the pedal I hear the clutch disk stop rotating.

I don't mind the noise, I just worry something is broken.

But they've said nothing to worry about.

-----------
What I have is the upgraded Sachs clutch plate and Sachs clutch disk with organic surface (not sintered disk). Before I had clutch slip, after replacement of original clutch with Sachs I have no slip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version