All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

41mpg!!!!

<< < (4/14) > >>

NEWEY:
aps stage 2 and can get around 38mpg. it doesnt see that often though!!

Rich:
how accurate is the reading on ur central display ?

Deako:

--- Quote from: Hurdy on July 16, 2009, 03:53:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Deako on July 16, 2009, 03:51:44 pm ---LOL. No worries guys. Its still fairly on topic!  :signLOL:

I managed 45mpg out of a Mk2 Golf running an ABF 2.0 16v. It was a peach too, running really nice power.

Ive had nearly 600 miles out of 2 full tanks. With mostly short journeys, so im not having enough fun in the car compared to a few of you.  :grin:

--- End quote ---

Any pics?

--- End quote ---

Ill have to host some. Converted it to a VR6 in the end, took me 3 weeks using my mates garage/ramps and tools. Errm, it didnt get 45mpg afterwards.  :signLOL:

Ive had 15x Mk2 Golfs though. Most modified with engine conversions in one way or another.

Hurdy:
15 mkII's....that is what I call dedicated dubber 8)

Ifti:
I can regularly get 40-41mpg if I want - on my way to work and back.
22 mile run, on a mix of M11/A406/A13

I always fill up my tank when it gets to the last quarter mark, and get around 320-330 miles to that point - with the computer still showing another 80-100 miles to go.
On a longer run, I reckon I could get 420-450 miles to a tank if I wanted.

In fact Im driving around 300 miles up North on Tuesday, then back later in the week. Wont be putting my foot down since I will have the wife and kids with me. Will see what I get and report back  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version