All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

41mpg!!!!

<< < (12/14) > >>

andytran:

--- Quote from: mixit on July 19, 2009, 02:07:39 pm ---
--- Quote from: andytran on July 18, 2009, 07:14:23 pm ---Back on the mpg issue....

I have just returned from a dirty weekend in York, then a few days in Newcastle followed by a few more in Falkirk then back home to Peterhead, North of Aberdeen.

Took it steady, pretty much adhering to speed limits all the way.

My average mpg over 990 miles of driving......38.5mpg. Pretty good for a 200bhp petrol car!

I had the odd moments when I had to stop a focus ST driver from thinking he was in a Ferrari, but generally just as I said, not driving like a granny, but adhering to the limits...most of the time.

OOO also, gotta say, after 990miles in 6 days, both the wife and I thought this car was the most comfortable we have owned. Especially good after 2 nights in the worlds most uncomfortable bed in the Ramada in York!!!

Andy

--- End quote ---

I hope you had a really nice time Andy, but unless a lot of it was very twisty, almost 1000 miles adhering to the UK's wonderful speed limits sounds like purgatory to me.  Even a metronomic 70 on a motorway could hardly be described as adrenaline pumping.  :indifferent:

Please tell me you had a play and maybe even crossed arms at some point  :wink:

--- End quote ---

Mate, had a nice bit of fun on the roads north of the M8 around Stirling - never got sideways or crossed my arms Im afraid.

Only thing I can say in defence was that this was meant to be a relaxing week away from the kids - its really amazing how calm you can arrive at your destination when you have driven in a law abiding manner! Certainly surprised me!

On a seperate point, I can confirm my car will it 140mph and feels rock solid at that speed - unfortunately, the PRIVATE test track I was on ran out of road to go any faster  :ashamed:

andy

NotNormal:

--- Quote from: andytran on July 19, 2009, 07:40:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: NotNormal on July 19, 2009, 05:46:48 pm ---Today i've done :

Louth to Southampton back to Lincoln (500miles give or take)

I averaged 50.3mpg on the computer and when i filled up and worked out the actual econ, it was 50.1mpg

Not bad huh

Total time was 7hrs 30 mins inc 3 stops


 :driver:

--- End quote ---
:surprised:

Gotta be an oil burner!!

--- End quote ---

 :happy2:

pazz:
I normally know I've done well if I manage 370 miles to a tank in the ED30.

Short journeys to work everyday doesnt help things.

I expect this to get better after I rack the miles up. She's only done 20k at the mo.

Phil Mcavity:
just done a trip away from Southampton to ashbourne in the Peak district, around the district and including a visit to Snake Pass and Averaged 35.4 mpg.Completed 550 miles, Had to fuel up with some fuel ive not even heard of as ashbourne doesnt have a Petrol station that is any of the mainstream brands :mad:. Well chuffed

Greeners:
Thats a good return Steve, Im taking it you were fully loaded up to?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version