All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area
2nd Service, how much of a bill to expect?
cossy:
Hi, ye olde ED30 coming up for the 2nd service.
First one cost me £165 @ VW with long life oil.
I believe I will need a brake fluid change at 2 years? I guess this is solely dependant on timescale and not mileage?
Do I need to get this done at VW or would this be in an "included price for the second service?"
Cheers :scared:
Top Cat:
I think its 3 years now for the brake fluid change. Caz will be able to confirm this. :happy2:
Hedge:
It will depend if it is 2nd fixed or 2nd variable.
I have just had my 2nd fixed and that was £240, 1st was £120.
SteveP:
--- Quote from: Top Cat on July 17, 2009, 02:47:08 pm ---I think its 3 years now for the brake fluid change. Caz will be able to confirm this. :happy2:
--- End quote ---
Correct 08 cars officially don't require the brake fluid change until 3 years :surprised:
This is always quoted separately to the main service cost as well.
TBH :happy2:
cossy:
Mines a 57 plate so I expect it will need a brake fluid change.
If I dont have it changed and just go for the service are they going to turn round and sod off if anything goes bang?
Just dont really want to change the fluid yet, it hasnt exactly had a hard life. 3850 miles in 2 years
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
Go to full version