Make a donation

Author Topic: Finally its arrived  (Read 6009 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Finally its arrived
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 11:23:43 am »
Serious bit of kit  :drool: Any mods planned?  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 11:25:51 am »
looks smart. any plans?

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

matt a

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 11:46:10 am »
I love these.

Very jealous.

veedub18

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 01:14:10 pm »
I went for this as its just the right size for the roads where I live,(especially width-wise). The 3 series is too big, a friend has one and his wheels are wrecked as he has to go up the kerbs a lot.

This is the perfect balance of power and size for my needs  :happy2:

Ok so as for mods, BMW do a performance range now, where you can get the parts fitted by your local dealership, and still keep the full BMW warranty, which I think is a great idea.

I'd like to get a carbon fibre (Hurdy would like the amount of carbon stuff they do) front strut brace, performance air intake kit and the performance exhaust. BMW also do a power upgrade, which gives you a more powerful fan, extra radiator and a remap, but its no way near as powerful as the JB3 that you just fit yourself.....  :rolleye:

Performance parts here

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/accessories/accessoryfinder/finder.html?cat=1008

JB3 here

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb3pnp.html

They do a great short shift gearstick as well... might have to do a LOT of overtime methinks!  :party:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 09:01:33 pm »
OOh completely missed this Stu. :ashamed:

That is one beast of an engine  :evilgrin:

Any pics of your detailing skills yet, do you have it hiding in the bat cave.  :happy2:

veedub18

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 06:32:02 am »
OOh completely missed this Stu. :ashamed:

That is one beast of an engine  :evilgrin:

Any pics of your detailing skills yet, do you have it hiding in the bat cave.  :happy2:

Hi bud.

Picking it up tonight from the dealership, and the bat cave is almost finished!

I'll do a detailing write up when I get my hands on it, and a garage build thread soon, but after a lot of driving the new motor  :happy2:

Offline hammyhammer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 07:45:28 am »
Looks awesome saw one of these at WTCC on Sunday.

Happy motoring in the new motor

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 09:46:08 am »
Thats a Great New Car, It looks fantastic! cant wait to see some pictures of it fully ZAino'd! Bet you cant wait to get some Z5 on there! ;)

happy motoring! oh and BTW....get to DMS Automotive, they are fantastic at mapping these engines

veedub18

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 07:56:23 pm »
Thats a Great New Car, It looks fantastic! cant wait to see some pictures of it fully ZAino'd! Bet you cant wait to get some Z5 on there! ;)

happy motoring! oh and BTW....get to DMS Automotive, they are fantastic at mapping these engines

Thanks JPC  :happy2:

Well picked it up tonight, and very pleased with it indeed. Had forgotten how it pulls as its been quite some time since the test drive. Sounds fantastic, feels really light on its feet (if that makes any sense) and pulls like a train!

It really does needs some Zaino loving on it, I turned down all the dealerships "special £399 lifetime special products", and although it was nice and shiny and swirl free on collection it had a lot of holograms and wax residue on it  :laugh:

Hopefully it'll go into the bat cave this weekend and get some serious attention. I'll do a write up as well, it just depends if I can get the keys off the wife as she absolutely loves this car  :love:

If you do get a chance to test drive one of these, go for it, they really are something special.

I'll have a look at DMS Automotive, thanks for the advise  :happy2: