All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

Clutch slip on stage 1 map

<< < (3/4) > >>

SteveP:

--- Quote from: monkgti on July 19, 2009, 09:39:44 pm ---Little bit puzzled here steve..
Why would an oil service help with clutch slip?I assume this is all that,s done on DSG service?


--- End quote ---

Not sure of the reason why but it certainly help Hurdy  :confused:

What mileage is yours at??

Also is there any difference with the DSG box from the GTI and the ED30??

SteveP:
^^^ Well I hope it's not the friction plates as I can't see that being a cheap job  :scared: :scared:

WhiteGTI:

--- Quote from: chungster on July 19, 2009, 09:41:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: matty_jetta on July 19, 2009, 09:25:25 pm ---oh heck, thats £700 i dont have.

Is it much more for a fly wheel if needed?

Wonder why mine is doing this when other people are running much more on standard clutches?

--- End quote ---

flywheel is another £400 odd!!!

the clutch in the std GTI is not the same as the one in the ED30. You could go for one of those instead i suppose.

--- End quote ---

Oh really?? My clutch has never slipped..........touch wood!

Hurdy:

--- Quote from: monkgti on July 19, 2009, 09:45:59 pm ---The gearbox will be touching 60K.(so i imagine the friction plates will be worn).
As far as I know ED30 and stock GTI dsg boxes are the same.

--- End quote ---

I don't know why it cleared the slip up, but it did. I think VW also rest the DSG settings on the service too. :happy2:

I did ge ta little bit of slip when abusing it at the Pod, but I then had the GIAC remap done, which increases the oil pressure in the 'box and this has made it a whole different gearbox :drool: GIAC claim that their map uprates the handling capacity of the box to 500nm and I can believe it as it is simply spot on now :notworthy:

andrewparker:
Out of interest is that 260bhp achieved with only a Stage 1 Revo remap, or does your car have other modifications?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version