Make a donation

Author Topic: Milltek - Pre-production - Review....  (Read 20259 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Milltek - Pre-production - Review....
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 12:34:53 pm »

its a custom map-done at awesome

....As long as it's not some obscure and crazy remap (unlikely at Awesome) it won't upset the Milltek cat by running too hot etc. So the answer to your question is that you shouldn't have to redo your remap after fitting a Milltek. If in doubt ask either Awesome or Milltek.

Btw, you'll get better aftersales warranty if you buy directly from Milltek.

HTH :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 12:39:59 pm »

its a custom map-done at awesome

....As long as it's not some obscure and crazy remap (unlikely at Awesome) it won't upset the Milltek cat by running too hot etc. So the answer to your question is that you shouldn't have to redo your remap after fitting a Milltek. If in doubt ask either Awesome or Milltek.

HTH :happy2:
cheers R-it wont heve a cat on the car,been a diesel they don't need one for the mot,which will make the exhaust less resticted

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 01:43:12 pm »

Just for reference the warranty for a Milltek is lifetime for the first owner, and is the same wether you go to Milltek themselves or an authorised dealer - no difference whatsover :happy2:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 02:40:09 pm »

Just for reference the warranty for a Milltek is lifetime for the first owner, and is the same wether you go to Milltek themselves or an authorised dealer - no difference whatsover :happy2:

....Yes. However, I was alluding to the fact that you may get the same support as a second owner if the original system was bought directly and your issue is reasonable. I know of several instances where this is the case. In other words, Milltek often try to support their products even beyond first ownership. Some authorised dealerships may be less likely to take up your issue as a second owner - A line has to be drawn somewhere.

For example: Someone buys a car which the first owner bought a Milltek system for, and the system is less than a couple of years old and a problem develops. Although technically Milltek aren't obliged beyond the first owner, they would wish to support their product providing that the second owner's claim is reasonable/justifiable. Such issues can only be viewed and decided by Milltek on a case by case basis of course.

For those who don't already know, please understand that I do not work for Milltek and none of my statements should be taken as if I was their representative but I do have a lot of experience in working with them.

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 03:16:34 pm »
Robin, how do you get what you said in the 3 paragraphs above, from the one that I quoted!, and how was anyone supposed to know thats what you meant! :laugh:

Engage brain before keyboard! :happy2:

But yes, we deal with Milltek all the time and they are very helpful, but then I am a Milltek dealer
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 03:24:02 pm »

Robin, how do you get what you said in the 3 paragraphs above, from the one that I quoted!, and how was anyone supposed to know thats what you meant! :laugh:

Engage brain before keyboard! :happy2:

....I was expanding from the "first owner" point you made.

Quote from Rowan Atkinson: "We are both fluent, Beddows my boy, but unfortunately not in the same language!"

:happy2: